jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can you plan for a family fun day which is free?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 6 years ago

What can you plan for a family fun day which is free?

2. The RV Guy profile image71
    The RV Guyposted 6 years ago

There are many places that can still be accessed for little or no money to hike and explore.  The Blue Ridge Parkway for an example has many hiking trails to points of interest.  Add a picnic to the equation and you've got memories that will last a lifetime.

You don't need to buy expensive equipment to start birdwatching.  Each family member can track and identify birds seen in your own backyard or on wilderness adventures.

It doesn't cost anything to window shop at farmer's markets and local fairs.  Many have free entertainment as well.

Many museums operate on a donations only basis...

Car enthusiasts love showing off their rides and most are free to the public.

Some state parks will give huge discounts to area residents on specific days...often free, too.

3. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

I think a picnic in a nearby park or garden with family, friends, and kids loaded with food and drinks, and badminton sets, a cricket kit, and a football to play is the best family fun day which is free. A big kite and 2 to 3 digital cameras with... read more

4. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

There are parks you can go into for free.  Most of the ones that charge money to enter are free if you bike.  You could go for a hike, have a picnic etc.  In the summer I bike to a park and I get in for free.  While I am there I bike around the park, hike and swim.  In the winter I go to a park that is free for everyone and go for a hike in the woods.  There are picnic tables in both places.

You probably do not want to spend most of the day outside in the winter but I have spent most of the afternoon outside while hiking in the woods, drinking hot chocolate and snacking at a picnic table, helping my cousins go sledding down a hill, etc.

working