Coincidence or God ordered, which one? Why do you think so?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. donnaisabella profile image72
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

Coincidence or God ordered, which one? Why do you think so?

Some people call them coincidences, others all them 'god' things, what is your take? Please elaborate.

2. ib radmasters profile image60
    ib radmastersposted 12 years ago

Stuff happens, and coincidences is an ambiguous word here.What kind of coincidences are we referring to here?

3. catalystsnstars profile image62
    catalystsnstarsposted 12 years ago

If you believe in God, then you better believe it's a God ordered coincidence. Nothing else to it. Life is a Domino effect of coincidences, luck, and intentions.

I believe everything happens for reason, and that there is more beyond who we are on earth. What you want to call it, well that's up to the person.

4. loveofnight profile image77
    loveofnightposted 12 years ago

Because I am not sure what your question is in reference to I will answer it the way it sounds to me. I believe that man/woman too often try to find someone to blame when things go wrong in their life. Perfection does not live here and anything that can happen more often than not does. No one can say that God has a controlling hand on all the things that happen in this world. Maybe, just maybe we call these things to ourselve by way of karma or the way we lead our lives.....just sayin

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

"Coincidences" suppose to serve a purpose, and that purpose is to think, to put much thought into "whatever"for it has happened for an alarming reason.  Things don't happen or take place just because..... what you consider a red flag fits the same bill as a coincidence.  I don't believe that "God" has anything to do with coincidences.  As we grow, we are suppose to learn, if you choose not to but instead repeat the same behavior, think the same way, make the same "mistakes" remain immature, "never grow up" then coincidences will have no meaning to you outside of the fact that it took place.  Furthermore, I don't believe "God" will waste his time warning someone who is stubborn or could care less about a heads up.

6. profile image0
    bborrelloposted 12 years ago

For our own lives, I don't believe in either coincidence or God ordered events.  I believe we are the master of our own destiny and can manifest our life, good or bad by our wishes and fears.  However, I also believe that we are all connected to God, therefore we work in collusion to achieve our Soul's True Path.

When things aren't going well, we may be stuck and should reflect on what we must do to move forward in our life. 

When things go very well, then we are likely going the right way and should count our blessings.

7. Dear God profile image60
    Dear Godposted 12 years ago

God, of course.  I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason.

8. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

If it was God's ordering or doing, it would be in His will for us. We all have free will, which is why with everything we do, we must pay a consequence, good or bad. If one robs a bank, they must deal with the outcome. Doing right and doing wrong will determine the outcome. If we are doing wrong or sinning, we are forcing God's hands out of our lives and taking the wheel. When we sin, we ride on our free will not God's will for us. I am not 100% sure if this is what you were asking or not.

I was once a believer of everything happens for a reason, but if that were the case, free will wouldn't exist. We chose to go through things, and do things and the consequences aren't always good. That's life though. Action, reaction, growth. We either continue to grow closer to God or we simply grow with the world, and thoughs who read the bible know the outcome of being "of the world".

9. dipsmi profile image65
    dipsmiposted 12 years ago

Coincidence or God ordered - both are same for me.

10. erwing1963 profile image59
    erwing1963posted 12 years ago

The Bible says that ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD, TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD AND WHO ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE. It says HIS PURPOSE. It all falls back on faith and how deep your faith is. If you have the faith to believe that every single thing that happens in your life is for a purpose or a reason and you want to acknowledge God in your situation then that's your choice. No one should be judging you or analyzing you because you choose to acknowledge God in all you do. Every great man of faith that deciced to acknowledge God in everything they did, do, or happenstance were riddiculed and outcast. EVERYTHING happens for a reason, EVERYTHING! and its dependent on what level of faith you have in God that's going to determine your outcome. Don't believe what I'm saying? Read the book of JOB in it's entirty then comment on what I've said.

11. profile image0
    mcals71posted 12 years ago

It's a subjective thing. If you believe in coincidences then that's all they are for you. If you believe these incidences are God ordered, then they have a meaning and a purpose for you, and you learn from them. I could add that many people's lives have been changed by so-called coincidences. St. Augustine of Hippo was one such a person. He was begging the Lord with tears, one day, to help him reform his life when he heard a child in the distance chanting the words, "Take up and read." He didn't think it was just a coincidence, so he took the Bible and read a passage of the Gospel that read, "Go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come and follow me." He found a subjective meaning in those words, as if they had been meant for him in that particular circumstance. The impact was so strong that it changed his life.

12. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

May it be God that orders things into existence or coincidence, this hub is an answer to a question, as to which one is the cause of the order of all things in existence, or as scientist call it the entropy of things, both order and disorder. read more

13. kess profile image61
    kessposted 12 years ago

Misunderstandings gives everything a chaotic existence, and since God is the first and biggest of all misunderstanding then how can you know the truth of the matter?
    For either way the question is answered the result would be the same unless you understood God to begin with... Which means that you needed not  to asked the question to begin with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)