jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you use coupons?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Do you use coupons?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image98
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Extremely rarely.  They are just too much time and trouble, and 99% of the time are only available for things I don't want or need, and/or the timing is wrong with the expiry date on the coupon and when I do actually need that type of item.

With grocery coupons, I've learned that even after the "cents-off," the majority of the time, the house brand still costs less. 

In short, I've got other things I'd rather do with my time than spend hours looking for coupons, sorting them, remembering to take them to the store; coordinating them with the day's list...etc...

3. Eric Calderwood profile image81
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

I buy the generic brands and using coupons only makes me spend more money on an item that I buy, or waste money on an item that I wouldn't ordinarily buy.  We used to save them in a drawer in case we came upon a use for them, but they would just fill up the drawer and expire.  I just throw them out in the trash now.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

A few-- mostly the ones I find online for the local drug store for cleaning, and health products.
    Most food coupons are for overly-processed and highly advertised items. Often, generics for canned and packaged items save more than a coupon.

5. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

Some things I buy come with coupons and I use those. Most I do not bother with because I can get the generic for less.

working