jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's the best thrift shop deal you've ever gotten?

1. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

What's the best thrift shop deal you've ever gotten?

Any thrifters out there want to share their greatest deals, or favorite thrift shops?

2. JenPaxton profile image83
    JenPaxtonposted 5 years ago

I don't do a lot of thrift stores but I think I'm gonna start, because every time I go to one I find something great.  I got a good, thick, men's wool winter coat that had obviously been from way back in the day - it had a few patches but they were professionally done.  It was dirt cheap, too.

A couple of days ago, my work had "tacky tie day" for employee appreciation week, and so I stopped by goodwill to get a tie - for two bucks, I got a really pretty one (that would be horrible on a guy), and now that I don't have any other reason to wear it, it's pretty enough that I bought some material and I'm going to sew it into part of a purse.

3. Vasiliki Bouras profile image59
    Vasiliki Bourasposted 5 years ago

That's easy! I will never forget this deal because I was so proud of my accomplishment that day. I'm a thrifter by nature , really hunting for that million dollar painting...I absolutly adore going to tag sale and thrift stores to find original art pieces, and so...one day...I found a Miro lithograph!!!!! It was such an abstract piece, the owner couldn't stand it, I got it for $1 !!!! It's worth well over $400! Boy, was I thrilled.

4. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

My wife found a Janome sewing machine (very expensive brand new) for $15 and with $20 to do some minor repairs, she had a great sewing machine.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a brand new one, but it works great.  I have never seen her sew so much.

working