jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you or you and your family spend on groceries each week? (not including

1. morningglory24 profile image60
    morningglory24posted 5 years ago

What do you or you and your family spend on groceries each week? (not including toiletries)

I recently got married and I want to figure out what is a reasonable amount to spend.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6845063_f260.jpg

2. sethpowers profile image71
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

I tend to shop extremely smart, so I could get by on around 40-50 dollars a week for two people. I also buy a lot of things in bulk, which does not require me to continually make purchases on items like toiletries, cleaning supplies, and other nonperishables.

3. naturalmomwriter profile image61
    naturalmomwriterposted 5 years ago

Hi, morningglory24,
    I am going on nine years of marriage, with two children ages 2 and 5. We now spend about $75-90 a week on groceries- which is due to my tracking of sales and coupons. When it was just the two of us, I'd say it was about $40-50 a week. Hope this helps.
    All the best,
    naturalmomwriter

4. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

Usually betweent $50-$70 for my wife and 10 month old.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Me, I spend $50 a week to feed myself. My partner? He purchases $200 of grocercies just for him every two weeks.

6. profile image55
    rachelattechposted 5 years ago

we spend about $60-$100 a week by watching the local sales cirricular and coupons. I have my husband and my son, who is 2,  and then every other weekend i have my step-kids, that are 7, almost 8 and 10.

working