jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do many people spend money on that you feel is a complete waste?

1. slackermom profile image76
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

What do many people spend money on that you feel is a complete waste?

2. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 5 years ago

Almost anything my kids get me to buy for them! Such as tiny, tiny LEGO figures that are *fractionally* different from the other 200 LEGO figures that they already have.

3. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

I don't know if I'm the worst person for this question or...depending on one's money-attitude....the BEST person to answer this!!
    I am a very frugal-minded woman....always have been.  Some of the "waste" I witness makes me cringe. 
    Lavish vacations that individuals know they simply cannot afford.....and will be "charging" everything and paying for it (10 times over it's value) for years.
    Paying FULL price for any major purchase for lack of shopping around to look for discounts and bargains.....and doing no research on the product
    Luxury vehicles strictly for "appearance/status ruse"  when a vehicle at half the cost will do quite nicely.
    buying every toy, gadget or current craze-item on the market, not knowing if you will even get a benefit from it
    Lots of other things...but I think this may be enough at the moment.!!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I work for a gal that shops endlessly bringing home bags of crap that will never be used or really has no purpose.  There are a lot of ways to waste money, but shopping as a hobby and buying things a person does not really need really irks me--it is such a waste.

5. GoodWorld profile image57
    GoodWorldposted 5 years ago

sugary foods embedded with preservatives http://healingsciencetoday.wordpress.co … 12/22/979/

6. kmaskreations profile image71
    kmaskreationsposted 5 years ago

Lavish living.  America is spoiled rotten. The upcoming generation lacks for nothing. Parents make sure their children have the latest gadgets, fashion and entertainment while I beg for the hungry orphans on FB with no response.

7. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Designer bags and shoes--outrageously priced and ugly to boot (no pun intended). smile  Bling so vulgar you want to scream and run away. Sports cars, the cost of which would feed several 3rd world villages for many, many years. Prescription medicines which end up being recalled by the FDA because of serious side-effects.

working