jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What financial planning advice can you give for the new year? (Weekly Topic Insp

1. Simone Smith profile image96
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

What financial planning advice can you give for the new year? (Weekly Topic Inspiration)

Many people are beginning to set financial goals for the new year and outline plans to help them reach those goals. What financial planning advice might you share with them that can help them along their way?

Share it as part of this week's Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge! Create your WTI Hub as an Answer to this Question and stop by the official forum thread for title ideas and community support: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/108172

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7262055_f260.jpg

2. rosika profile image77
    rosikaposted 5 years ago

Budget planning can save you heaps. In this article I have shared some steps you can follow to plan your budget and have included the spreadsheet that you can follow to plan a budget for your family for a year. read more

3. Learning in Life profile image95
    Learning in Lifeposted 5 years ago

Becoming debt free is a goal of many people. Using the debt snowball method is a fast and effective way to do this. read more

4. cprice75 profile image90
    cprice75posted 5 years ago

Financial freedom is elusive for many people, but by sticking to these five tips, just about anyone can have less financial stress in their life. read more

5. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 5 years ago

Use an online budget calculator or budget planning service to help with your finances. Keep everything in a secure, backed up location and make sure you are on the right track to finance planning. read more

6. anitafuse profile image69
    anitafuseposted 5 years ago

Many Americans look forward to filing federal income taxes each year. Why is that? Simply because of the joy of receiving a large refund from the IRS. When taxpayers know that they will receive a lump sum deposit of $4000, courtesy of the... read more

7. KrystalD profile image80
    KrystalDposted 5 years ago

Here is my hub on creating a budget!

http://krystald.hubpages.com/hub/How-to … udget-Plan

8. travel_man1971 profile image77
    travel_man1971posted 5 years ago

This hub concentrates on my Personal Financial status this year. Saving is always the answer to a  financial stability. Read on to know more on how to use your money wisely the whole year through. read more

9. ironstruck profile image60
    ironstruckposted 5 years ago

Put your credit cards away and begin to pay them off. Use cash or debit or don't buy it.

10. Rosie writes profile image88
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

There are several essential oils that can be used in cleaning mixtures.  Eucalyptus, peppermint, and tea tree essential oils are the best choices because of their many beneficial properties. read more

11. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Financial planning, is like maintaining your health or getting your car tuned up each year--you need to go to the experts. The trick is finding the right experts and then following their advice.

Financial planning should be a long-term process, and it is difficult to do, when the income barely pays the bills when you start that first job.

Furthermore, you have to decide are you just planning for the year or for the future. In either case, a portion of your income should go into savings. Assuming you are planning for the future, an IRA or Roth IRA is the easiest way to start. If your company has a 401K program and offers a match to a certain percentage of your salary, contribute an amount that will allow you to get the company match--free money. If you can contribute more, do so. It will be tax deferred. You will pay taxes later, but when your annual income is lower.

There are many financial tools. You need to find a broker or financial adviser, one who will help you address your long-range plans and not be urging you to sell one day and buy the next, so he can get a higher commission. This may mean talking to a dozen brokers or more. What works for me, may not be the best thing for you. It takes research, diligence and time.

I lost my job of 22 years with no notice. I got a very generous severance. I eliminated all my debt. I collected unemployment, found part-time work (after 20 months) and when I reach 62, I will be back on the course I mapped out several years ago. It has been a little lean for the past two years, but the planning we did, and the support of my wife in understanding the need to spend less got us through the lean times.

The key is planning, and you cannot start too soon.

12. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

How to create a budget.  Financial Planning for personal expenses.  Living on a fixed income.  Getting out of debt. read more

working