jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

You've just received $10000! How would you spend it (no paying bills off or savi

1. philli profile image84
    philliposted 5 years ago

You've just received $10000! How would you spend it (no paying bills off or saving all of it)?

If you received a gift of $10,000 what would you do with it? Assume that you are debt free, so paying off bills are not an option. Would you invest it? If so, how? Would you be frivolous with it? Would you be charitable? Would you bulk up your retirement fund?

2. Stachart profile image75
    Stachartposted 5 years ago

$10 000 is enough to be multi tasks! A little bit to charity because it was a gift, a little bit more investment so the money will continue growing. I'll not saving all of it, money doesn't make happiness! Nice dream! smile

3. JimTxMiller profile image79
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Given $10,000 I would first upgrade the tools of my crafts--writing and photography--and AnniePie's--custom designed jewelry. We would then relocate to the Pacific Northwest, and anything left would be squirreled away in a "Road Trip" fund.

4. aspiretoinspire profile image59
    aspiretoinspireposted 5 years ago

I'd put it towards a deposit on my first home. Getting my own place is my current goal.

5. MarloByDesign profile image87
    MarloByDesignposted 5 years ago

I would put $5,000 towards a Roth IRA and $5,000 towards a down payment of a new car.

I am a HUGE fan of the Roth IRA....and will never have to pay tax on that money.

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

If I had to use it for something impractical, I'd choose to take a luxury vacation to Spain and ireland...first class airfare, the best hotels and the finest restaurants.  What a treat that would be!

7. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

I would put half in to an investment to grow the money for travel plans later and buy a nicer car that will save me $'s in gas over the older van I currently drive.

8. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 5 years ago

I would use it for a down payment for a building for my summer school program...that way I wouldn't have to worry about finding a new office every summer!

9. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

Well, since I'd have no bills to pay, I'd take my immediate family on an overseas holiday together!  A tropical Island holiday where our family could relax together.

10. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

It's not really a lot of money - but I would use it to set out on a new path...investing in my life. Which I have actually done. Found a sponsor who believes in me and has provided the funds to cover my living costs for this year. And in this year I am setting out to pursue my life's dreams, follow my heart and passions without the distractions of having to earn a living. It is not a risk, because in one year I will have grown as a person, developed many new qualities and abilities that will open up new earning opportunities and so ensure I can continue on this new path. The funding has enabled me to step out of a rut, to cut through the chains. And the sponsor? He gets to be part of an adventure, an exciting story, and he gets to give and support, and grow himself through a project that exercises his own talents and qualities.