If earning money was not important or necessarily in this world, what would you

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Nadine May profile image70
    Nadine Mayposted 10 years ago

If earning money was not important or necessarily in this world, what would you do with your life?

Be honest while asking yourself: What gives me joy, inspiration and I'm passionate about? What would I be or do with my life if there were no limitations to do with money, and or health? If I live in a world that purely supports my needs in every way, would I do or be where I am now?

2. Silverspeeder profile image62
    Silverspeederposted 10 years ago

Give me a chair by the ocean a guitar and the means to paint lovely paintings and I would be the happiest person on earth.

Nadine Mayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How often are you doing this? What we can imagine we can make real

2. Silverspeeder profile image62
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am 55 and I dream of it everyday. Unfortunately my wife is 30yrs younger than me and I have to consider what she wants also. It will happen one day but not just yet. The things I have chosen have infinite possibilities so as to stave of boredom.

3. tmheffernan profile image60
    tmheffernanposted 10 years ago

If money was not relevant in life then we could do what was really important to us. Personally, my family is what I live for so spending time with them would be my choice. The most important thing we as parents can give our children is time, and of course they need to know they are loved and safe.

So right. You passion is connected to caring for your family, but what are your personal hobbies besides that?

4. caseymel profile image92
    caseymelposted 10 years ago

I would be a stay-at-home Mom, which is what I am doing right now.  It doesn't pay in money, but it is worth every minute!

Thanks for your reply. You live your passion

5. Iris Canham profile image57
    Iris Canhamposted 10 years ago

Writing, teaching about my experiences......It is my dream to have a centre for the development of human potential where people from all walks of life can come and be inspired to create, heal and learn...I would travel the world learning about indigenous cultures and bring this wisdom back to explore!!

Iris what we can imagine we can make real. so may all your dreams come true and more.

2. Iris Canham profile image57
      Iris Canhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Nadine and yes may all your dreams come true too!!! To finacial freedom so that we share our gifts and talents without reservation! CHEERS

6. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 10 years ago

One thing I would do is travel to many different countries and try to understand things from points of view other than American. As an American citizen, it takes no effort to simply view all world events and people through an American lens and make decisions on that basis. As the saying goes, "Knowledge is power."

And being a lover of fine food, I wouldn't pass up the local cuisine I would find in my travels...   smile

What a great idea to combine travel with learning about local cuisine.

7. somethgblue profile image71
    somethgblueposted 10 years ago

I am still working as an artist perhaps more fine arts than graphics and either working as a sports coach or in a similar type endeavor. Had my life not been geared around money I would have concentrated more on wildlife conservation, sports (baseball) and the pursuit of becoming a painter (fine artist).

I spent the first 27 years of my adult life wallowing in drug and alcohol addiction, so perhaps that would have still been part of my soul's learning experience, hard to say. But my dreams and aspirations did not include drugs and were more along the lines of sports, art and outdoor recreation.

No one I know ever dreams of becoming a drug addict, so it is hard to say how that became me and part of my life. Now that I'm sober I have returned to doing what I dreamed about in my youth, working as a graphic artist (earned a degree in design in 2011), working as an umpire to give back to the game I love and living in a rural environment where I can camp, kayak, fish and garden without having to travel to do so.

Good question, as I suspect the new paradigm humanity will create in the near future will not be encumbered with the almighty dollar as a motivating factor!

Thank you for your story and yes you are already living in this new paradigm by doing what gives you joy.

8. plogan721 profile image77
    plogan721posted 10 years ago

I probably would teach what I know, which is about my crafts, hobbies, and how to basically how survive without the use of money.   It is important to do for yourself and for others.   the reason why some people cannot make it is pride and having a high sense that they cannot make it without certain things and statuses in life.   Sometimes you have to be knocked down a few pegs in order to appreciate the people and thing they have in life.   just like me.   I had to realized that too.

I'm so with you. Teaching others what I've learned in many different fields over the years. Sharing gives me the most satisfaction in life. Thanks for your comment

9. Emmyboy profile image80
    Emmyboyposted 10 years ago

If that was the case, I guess I will still be doing what I have always done which is to earn money from my hobbies and interests.

And I have so many areas of interest like advising people, writing novels, dramas, comedy and stuffs like children stories, learning how to program the computer etc.

I know I would spend a larger part of my life on the internet surfing, connecting with people as well as learning quite a lot of things also.

Since I also love to daydream and imagine things, I guess I would also channel some part of my life into such activities which fuels a lot of creativity in me.

So as for me, it is not really all about earning money. It's more of catching fun and being happy!

That's exactly what I'll do with my life!

Great reply. If we all earn our keep so to speak with what we love doing, the world would be a better place for everyone. Yes the internet has opened many doors for us, especially in broaden our interest.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)