jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Would you retire on your HubPages earnings?

1. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

Would you retire on your HubPages earnings?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8284597_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

On my current earnings? lol no. I don't think most earn enough here to retire on, but if you develop a good portfolio of work you can use those hubs to get clients, make a good living and then retire smile That's my plan anyway.

definitionsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a plan, Christin S!  Thank you for commenting!

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

No, but I could add them to my retirement fund. Every bit counts.

So true, I add every little penny I save to my retirement fund.  Thanks, Lburmaster!

4. phriot profile image83
    phriotposted 4 years ago

Even if I were making enough from HubPages to live on, I would still never plan to retire on this as my only source of income.  We've seen in the past how search engines can change their rankings algorithms and kill your traffic.  Even the most evergreen topic could also be done better by someone else, or HubPages could be superseded by a newer article site.  At the very least, I would have to maintain and update my articles.  If I'm still writing in order to maintain my retirement, I'm not retired.

You are very knowledgeable on this subject, and thank you for your insightful answer.  Very true about search engines!

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Only if I wanted to be homeless, living under a bridge somewhere. Been here two years and never reached payout.  Been at Bubblews for a month and already have $25 in my hand.

I have $0.25, and I feel rich!  Thanks duffsmom :-)

working