jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

If you found a bag of cash hidden in some bushes, would you keep it or hand it t

1. clivewilliams profile image85
    clivewilliamsposted 23 months ago

If you found a bag of cash hidden in some bushes, would you keep it or hand it to the cops?

2. always exploring profile image84
    always exploringposted 23 months ago

If I found a bag of cash and it had no identification, I would keep it. I'm sure the cop would do the same. I might add that a bag of cash would feed a lot of homeless people...

clivewilliamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

The Cops would probably by cigars and donuts

2. Venkatachari M profile image43
      Venkatachari Mposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Same with me. I would keep it rather than hand over to the cops. If I come to know later that somebody is searching for it, then I may hand over the bag of cash to the genuine person. Otherwise, I will keep some of it and  donate the rest.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 23 months ago

Many years ago a brother-in-law of mine actually did find a bag of cash hidden in some bushes in a public park.   He kept the money but was worried sick for weeks after it that somebody had been watching him pick it up and might find out who he was and come around to violently take it back.   He was of the opinion it was a criminal plant of some type.

For the agony he went through, he felt he would have been better off to hand it in at a police station.   Sure the cops might have kept it.  But if he insisted on getting a receipt for it, maybe he would have eventually been given it in much happier circumstances.

Lucky for him

4. WordCrafter09 profile image77
    WordCrafter09posted 23 months ago

I'd be concerned/creeped out by it and wouldn't want to have anything to do with it.  That's not a "normal" thing.  It's not even like someone hiding cash, say, under a mattress at home.  Aside from serious "iffy-ness" (crime) that could be involved, I'd be thinking about things like a kid taking cash from someone at home or even someone with Alzheimer's leaving cash somewhere (maybe not being the one to hide it but leaving it somewhere, having someone else find it/take it, and having that person be the one to hide it.  Years ago I saw a man who had Alzheimer's walk to a nearby store and dump a pile of bills on the counter. The kids who worked there were really uncomfortable about it and helped gather up the money and tell the man he didn't need that much.  They apparently called the police, who apparently knew him and they (I guess) gave him a ride home.

In any case, I wouldn't want to keep it.  I'd contact police (and if someone there kept it, well, let them  -because there's also a good chance that someone called in a report about a theft.). 

Sorry...  that's just too weird/peculiar a thing to want to have anything at all to do with it.

ok...they say finders keepers!

5. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13000990_f260.jpg

Keep it for sure! But I think that I would be to the side somewhere and see it it's a set up.  (Cops do that ) What they do is  act like they are really drunk and hold money in their hands. If you go grab it then get punked by the cops.

working