Anyone try using the site Fiverr?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I have just created an account with Fiverr and had an idea of a service I could offer that takes very little time for me. Opening the relevant software is likely to be the most time consuming, and it don't take all that long!

It is an unusual service I will be offering and would love any advice or tips people have for creating my ad. I probably want to think about keywords that will increase my chances of being found in the first instance. Does anyone have any good tips or advice?

1. profile image49
      jago25_98posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is there an uncensored version of Fiverr so I can p0rn myself out?

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

No one with any tips or advice? sad
    Well I guess I will just have to muddle my way through or find info elsewhere smile

(been reading hubs but mostly they seem to be basic reviews of how easy, fun and whatnot the site is to use)

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
    PaulaHenry1posted 13 years ago

Honestly, I have never heard of it---wish I could help. Good Luck!

kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it works out well I will probably do a hub on it. smile
      I would like to work out the seo stuff that works best with ads to be sure to get gigs (and as such, get paid).

4. lyndre profile image59
    lyndreposted 13 years ago

What is the service?

As someone above said, the payments per gig is not huge. As such I have racked my little grey brain to think of a service that I can offer that takes around about 5 mins to actually do. I have 2 different ways of mapping an image to create a fractal image, with either program it takes longer to actually open them, and render the image after being mapped to a fractal parameter then to play with the parameters. As such I figure I could play with peoples pictures for between 5 to 10 minuets to earn $4. If I got enough gigs to do an hours worth of work that would work out at $24 for an hours work. I have also set up a gig to randomly generate abstract and/or geometric works of art (this takes me about the same kind of time). Both display examples of the same that I have done for myself plus any warnings (to do with restrictions on what I can and cannot do). Bellow are the 2 examples smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4323455_f248.jpg
      Photo that has been fractal mapped

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4323458_f248.jpg
      Randomly generated geometric abstract art.

5. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I've used it a few times and honestly it's like stealing.
    You get $5 for a job completed and when you reach $10 they send you your payout,only after Fiverr takes their commission and paypal takes their cut.
    I think I received 7,56 after that...
    now if you're looking for someone to do projects cheaply then maybe its worth a shot.
    but remember you get what you pay for.

6. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

I use Fiverr but only as a purchaser. I have never sold anything though I might consider adding a gig soon.  If you want to post gigs for sale then find someone there that will make you a video opening, use it to post your gig offering on youtube and other video sites. It's much better than writing articles and planting keywords and backlinks.

Since my gigs so far are visual and to do with art, perhaps using a site that can make videos from jpgs. I know of a site, animoto that is supposed to do the job free. I may have to go have a play soon smile

1. Froggy213 profile image63
        Froggy213posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have used animoto- I love it. The free version is very short-here are examples of both pay for and free versions:
        http://animoto.com/play/0Wa1B6tzDUjucWo … start=true

Paid
        http://animoto.com/play/ncNOam1VaCT6Gvh … start=true

7. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I don't have paypal, if I had I would certainly use it.

8. daybreak profile image79
    daybreakposted 13 years ago

I have used fiverr as a buyer and the process was fairly smooth. A good situation can occur if you find clients that need repeat work and can contact you for future projects.

9. extremewebworx profile image60
    extremewebworxposted 13 years ago

I used fiverr to contract for a couple of services. The site and program worked great...the services...well not so great.  The people did what that said they would do, but it did not produce the desired resultes...increased traffic to my website.

10. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Eric Graudins wrote an ebook about it, you may be able to ask him...

1. Sekharg profile image60
      Sekhargposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I heard of it through a friend. I never used it myself.

2. kirstenblog profile image79

Oh yeah, he did, I think I read it even a while back but totally forgot, wonder if I still have it on one of the computers or not hmm. If I deleted it or lost it accidentally I probably could ask to download another copy smile

11. hardinflash profile image60
    hardinflashposted 13 years ago

I've bought services and sold on there and it's alright. I've developed some SEO clients from simple cheap services. There are definitely some aholes on there though, some people don't realize you're not going to put in a full days work for their $5.00 so make sure you explain what you're doing for your gig as best you can to help avoid bad reviews.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)