ChristinS profile image 94

How do you deal with an Evangelical Kindergartener preaching to his classmates?

My son is in Kindergarten. Every day he is coming home with religious stories and I brush it off and tell him when you are old enough to decide for yourself what to believe, you can believe whatever you like. I told him the important thing is that no matter what you believe, you do your best to be a good person and to love others and respect your differences. Now he's getting more upset by these conversations with this kid. Hell, angels, demons etc. seriously? What parent has their Kindergartner doing such things? I feel sorry for that kid, but tired of him bullying others with it.

bethperry profile image89

Best Answer Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Thank you. I do feel sorry for these children who grow up like this. I'm not sure the teachers realize how over the top it is. I don't want to create problems for anyone, but I think if it continues it's time to talk to teacher for sure. Thank you

getitrite profile image80

getitrite says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Absolutely right! I cannot fathom how anyone thinks teaching a small child to fear going to hell is acceptable. I'm all for tolerance, but not when beliefs of others cause harm to my children!

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I had a chuckle at this, but somehow with Kindergarteners it doesn't seem appropriate to fight fire with fire ;)

d.william profile image82

d.william says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I completely agree. Things like this are precisely why there is separation of church and state and that is as it should be. I believe it is time to bring it to the teachers attention. I also agree about boundaries and offensiveness.

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I wouldn't care if it was just his belief in God or Jesus. This kid at 5 or 6 is telling people they will go to an actual hell etc. and I think that's wrong.

Mitch Alan profile image85

Mitch Alan says

• kthix10 profile image

kthix10 3 years ago

Completely agree with your comment about this not being bullying.

I taught Kinders for awhile and half the thing they say come from their imagination mixed in with a sprinkle of truth. You are playing telephone with 5 yr olds.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Well what does your child thinks happens when super heroes blow up evil demonic villains who are trying to take over the world?

aguasilver profile image86

John Harper (aguasilver) says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

I don't care that this boy believes in God or whatever he chooses to believe. I have a hard time believing parents teach their children it's acceptable to tell people they will go to hell if they don't believe in God.