Why is it so hard for people to just let people have different religious views?

My family has belonged to and firmly believed in the LDS religion for my whole life. I was raised in the church and was in church every Sunday, until one day when I was 13 someone told me to read a book about God that contradicts what I grew up believing. I read the book and felt a type of clarity I never felt in church, it just made sense to me. After telling my parents they gave me countless lectures on what they believe is the truth, criticizing what I now believe. So, ik there's a lot bigger issues than just family with religion, but the point is, why does it matter if people thidifferent?

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

Jakeyp121 19 months ago

I agree with you. But see, I don't understand why how people can try to tear down what a different individual believes just to try to get them to see their point of view. I feel like whoever does that Is taking happiness from the other person.

Austinstar profile image81

Austinstar says

Jakeyp121 19 months ago

Yeah I'm fine with people not having religious views. See, whatever people believe that makes them feel like they al have found their answer, that is what it should be. I don't think that people should try to convert people to what they believe.

adrianna vaughn profile image68

adrianna vaughn says

• jonnycomelately profile image

Alan (jonnycomelately) 16 months ago

If your point of view is that anyone not believing your stuff is of the devil, then that is blind, ignorant prejudice, surely. Maybe in that lies the problem. Superiority/inferiority - a judgment without sound basis? Unloving? Just asking.