Do You Blame Religion For All The Chaos In The World

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

When you look at the history of the world, the major organized religions (Christianity and Islamic faith) should be indicted for wholesale slaughter of human beings!

Look at the Middle east, and you will see a bunch of zealots manipulating old writings to justify keeping women in bondage, murder etc...

Look at the catholic church and other Christian denominations, and you will find a bunch of old men that helped foster the worst atrocity known to mankind, slavery!

Look at India and Hinduism, again a bunch of old men, using old writings to divide human beings into a caste system!

The Christians believe only by following Jesus will one get to heaven, while the Muslims are equally convinced, only by following The prophet Mohammed will one get into heaven!

People are been bombarded daily, with this teachings and in both religion, you will find the anchor and justification for discrimination and violence against non-believers!

Many are confused and have given up on life because of the dreaded punishment in the afterlife! And you're perplexed as to why humans are fighting each other all over the world!

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not blame religion. It is people that have decided to do what they did. Using religion is just an excuse.

Religion did not dictate to the European to come to NZ steal our land, kill our people, colonize and conform our people to their ideal way of existing

Religion did not dictate to the European people to annihilate over 80000 Aboriginie because they thought of them as non human.

Religion did not dictate to the whites that stole the African nations for slavery.

World war one did not start over anything religious.

Wars are wars and are usually motivated by the greed for more power over.....

Religion is not a power unto itself. It is made powerful by people. People give it that power and therefore it is people who are to blame for any wars that began in the name of religion.

1. profile image0
        awesome77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

But religion made it possible! It is much easier to deceive the people when you have them convinced, they will enjoy once they die!

I just wish people of the world would wake up and realize that the venom spewed by a lot of the religious sects forms the basis for most world problems!

Do you really think  the rulers give a damn about religion? They all use religion as a means to and end!

How is it that religion made it possible for the examples I gave you? Or for that matter any war or killing etc?  If people choose to be deceived by whomever is telling them whatever (in the name of religion) that is their choice. Religion does not advocate any of the things people have chosen to do in the name of it.

What is written in the bible can mislead one in to thinking God says this and says that however the person perceiving Gods word is still a man with limited thinking.  When man says he is to wipe out an entire nation and believes that is what God is telling him when God says love your enemies, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one is ordering this. Is is God or just Man in his own prejudices? I suggest it is Man in his own prejudice.

I remember when I was a child and had done something I wasn't supposed to. My mum asked why. My response was that so and so told me to do it. My mum then asked me. If so and so asked you to jump of a bridge, would you? As young as I was then it made sense to me. I made the choice to do it no matter what any one told me to do. I could have chosen not to do it. I still was responsible for my choice regardless.

People have choices even when they think they don't. What they use as a means to an end is entirely their choice too.

2. i_am_Legend profile image60
          i_am_Legendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

True !!!

1. iamalegend profile image61
            iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you from? hmm

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right. So it's not religion's fault, it's religious peoples' fault. I could agree with that.

Yep. Except in the situations I sited in my original post. They were far from religious, and religion was not their motivation for doing what they did. Power and ignorance was.

2. CarolineVABC profile image67
      CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a very insightful question.  Yes, if we take a look at war history, many have been caused by religious conflict.  Although this may be true, I do not believe that religion is the cause of all the chaos in this world.  However, we all have been raised differently with unique cultures, traditions and beliefs and what is acceptable in a society might be abhorred in another.  What I believe is that if we try to learn from other cultures and look for similarities rather than differences, we might become more accepting and tolerant of other's cultures and beliefs.  Hence, there will be 'less' conflicts, leading to wars, in this world.  Thank you for asking this relevant question, awesome77!:-)

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a great question. Religion is not the cause of chaos in this world. People is the cause by their own actions.

4. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In reply to your question- obviously not everything can be blamed on religion just 99% of everything.

So if 99% of everything is still unknown that would make it about 9.9%

5. Ruben Rivera profile image62
      Ruben Riveraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Always someone to blame, how about mankind and as such we are to be blamed as well.  When mankind had no answers for their questions they resorted to making up religion to justify what was going on, in all this not only religion but science as well can be blamed, progress, is religion also to blame for the mess with the ozone layer, global warming, so everything comes down to mankind, we are to blame so instead of blaming others let's try to fix it as humans not divisions here and there.

2. profile image56
    exorterposted 13 years ago

I agree those darn Christians even invented the nukes, the science people had nothing to do with it, those da-- Christians is every where always causing trouble, do not know why they have to have their own opinions.

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I agree religion is very bad and causes a lot of damage. I wouldn't credit them with all of the chaos however.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I think it is more along the lines of human nature that caused all the chaos. Religion is just a byproduct.

5. TahoeDoc profile image78
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

People cause chaos and invoke religion to either sponsor or justify a great majority of it.

6. profile image56
    exorterposted 13 years ago

religion is a way out of chaos, but we do have way to many claiming to be religious and do not know how to be Christian

hitler claimed to be Christian

saying and doing is different things

that is the way of mankind blame a lot over the actions of a few

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I blame the fact that we can't keep our hands to ourselves as being the key. If religion, which says that we shouldn't bash each other's heads in, can't stop us from doing so, how is THAT religion's fault? Sounds like it's time for us to get a grip and STOP killing.

7. misscoles profile image60
    misscolesposted 13 years ago

You can't blame anyone for the chaos in the world. Everyone has their own mind, makes their own choices, and has their own wants. People have different needs, are raised with different morals, have a different genetic predisposition. People have different medical issues, like and dislikes, limits and tolerance. There's no way one person, congregation, organization, or any group of people could cause such a thing as the chaos on earth.
    Also, everything we do has an effect on something or someone. Therefore, it's extremely complex and rather mind boggling to even begin to imagine what one little thing you do could effect the world years from now. Or how something in the past has made a difference in this world today. Maybe we should just accept that there is a higher power and there are just somethings man cannot understand. Maybe we weren't made to. Maybe we're not ready. But I am sure we will never be able to crack God's codes.

Nice!

8. yankeeintexas profile image59
    yankeeintexasposted 13 years ago

I don't blame religion for the chaos in the world. It is the fact that man-kind as a whole likes to twist things around to make it work for his advantage! Besides, it is easier to blame others for your troubles, and punish them for your stupidity!

9. Shay Kochba profile image59
    Shay Kochbaposted 13 years ago

I believe that it is fanatics of all sorts (religious, political, etc.) that are the cause of most of the chaos in the world.

Most religions can be a force for good. Any religion can be twisted to suit a hateful agenda.

10. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I really thought guanger had a point there for awhile. I was reading along, trying to see it... roll

I gotta start looking at peoples' post and hub counts.

Haha! Did you think it was a metaphor for something deep and meaningful? I started to and then thought omg forget that!

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did. I was like halfway through the post before I said to myself "wait a minute"...

11. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Actually it's not religion, it's organized religion that's the cause of slaughter and chaos. When I think of organized religion, the first word that pops into my head is "supression". Brain washing is another term that comes to mind.

12. Right On Time profile image60
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

Nope. I don't worry about that stuff. It's time to be happy.

13. Tinsky profile image92
    Tinskyposted 13 years ago

I blame Humans.

1. Right On Time profile image60
      Right On Timeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yah!

14. J.R. Smith profile image59
    J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

Satan is the cause for all the chaos in the world. Religion happens to be his tool of choice.

15. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Do You Blame Religion For All The Chaos In The World

I think it is a disease of the Atheists to blame religion for all the chaos in the World.

1. J.R. Smith profile image59
      J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christ hated religion. The pharisees, sadducees and san hedrin were all religious groups highly revered by society, Yet Christ constantly rebuked them. Religion is a tool of the Devil.

1. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you have misunderstood Jesus; he did not hate religion; he wanted to reform the hardened and fanatic Jewish clergy who misused religion for their own selfich and nefarious motives.

Jesus gave one way. Religion has grouped together many different aspects that are not Christlike. Look at the letters written to the churches in Revelation.Or the kingdom parables in Matthew 12. Christ's take on religion is very easy to spot.

Perhaps "hate" was a bit strong. Jesus hates only sin.

1. profile image52
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)