jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Is it a sin to be rich?

1. stayingalivemoma profile image82
    stayingalivemomaposted 5 years ago

The Bible says:
    Luke 18:25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Are rich people doomed?
    Proverbs 22:16 He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich--both come to poverty.

Why wouldn't a rich person want to help the poor? Why all the backlash between the working poor and wealthy Americans?

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes its a sin to be rich. But Donald Trump paid God to make it a bigger sin to ask the question in a forum.

stayingalivemomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering the question....lol

2. AnnaCia profile image83
      AnnaCiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I do not think being rich is a sin.  I see it as luck.  The way you behave from being rich is what will send somebody to hell.

3. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Consider the parable of the talents... it's not what you have, it's what you do with it.

Being rich is not a sin in the least.

Jaxson and Anna, well said. Thanks for posting!

4. Credence2 profile image82
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The LOVE of money is the root of all evil, so being rich in itself is not a sin. You can have money but does the money have you, using wealth to influence and manipulate circumstances beyond what is intended in a democratic soiceity?

5. alvairs profile image58
      alvairsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No i don't believe being rich is a sin, how riches was attained may determine such judgement.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

The Bible is not saying being rich is a sin, just that it exposes you to temptations that tend to lead to sin.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Do CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS have better things to do than to post inane forums that demonize the wealthy, successful, and highly affluent!   Jeez, GET A LIFE!   To THOSE who are OBSESSED WITH and/or HATE THE RICH,  too $%^&^$@! bad and better yourselves.   Stop hating and stop negating!  HAVE A NICE DAY!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Says the same person posting thread upon thread attacking those who are not wealthy.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
        Repairguy47posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Pointing out someone isnt poor is not an attack. I know its the strategy of the leftists on here to claim attacks so somebody might get banned though. Kind of childish but it does work.

2. stayingalivemoma profile image82

obviously, you don't have anything better to do if you are posting on this forum. You do have the option not to, you know.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Um, the only hostile post I have seen so far is this one.

4. flashmakeit profile image71
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

No it is not a sin.  When Ruth from the bible went to work for the rich man from Bethlehem she was blessed because every other field she work in they treated her cruel.

working