Just an idea....what will the liberals do if Romney wins?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Barefootfae profile image61
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

Ok....time to swing it and do it the other way.
    There really are some rumors circulating about this scenario and they are not real nice.

Do tell....

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image78
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What will I do? Do you mean after I vomit and evacuate my bowels? Ohhh, I'll probably move to a leper colony in India.  smile

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Promise?

2. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Shrug and hope the Democrats keep enough votes in the Senate to prevent the Obamacare repeal, I am not a liberal however so eh.

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Be very depressed, and hope people see him for what he truly is after one term.

4. ElSeductor profile image60
      ElSeductorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Looks like we'll never know the answer to that question.  smile

R

Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True that.....
        That's ok I wasn't that crazy about him anyway. Just trying to derail the bloodless coup.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Some liberals will finally see the light. Liberal New Yorker (although she is currently in San Diego for some reason) wavegirl22, who happens to be the number 2 most active poster in the Sports forums and wrote one of my favorite hubs entitled "Touching Tiffany" will forsake the Giants and Jets and root for the Steelers.

Liberals who are not football fanatics will probably sue their doctors for botched frontal lobotomies before ObamaCare is repealed.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

and I thought I was going to be bored tonight!

Just for the record the Jets have forsaken me  . ..  all I have left is the Giants. I am just happy that the Steelers are going back to their regular uniforms this weekend. I couldnt take watching a whole game with them in their throwback attire!

3. iantoPF profile image79
    iantoPFposted 11 years ago

An odd feature of American politics is that when the Democrats win the Republicans want to kill them. When the Republicans win the Democrats want to kill themselves.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Democrats tend to be less aggressive towards their fellow human beings tongue.

1. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...........and a chicken has lips.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image78
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

3. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that is so true, and sounds hilarious when you say it outloud lol

4. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the Democrats win on Tuesday, I really won't want to kill wavegirl22. But if the Giants win against the Steelers on Sunday . . .

5. Austinstar profile image83
      Austinstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is so true

6. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh I think there are plenty of Republican presidents who have taken a bullet, or been shot at.
      Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Roosevelt, Hoover, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush..
      The truth is, most political violence comes from the left.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Get up and go to work, as usual.  Seriously, no matter which candidate you like, a log-jammed congress means the outcome will be the same no matter who wins.

5. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 11 years ago

I will still be shaking my head over the idea of anyone in this wonderful country voting for a Millionaire liar that ships jobs overseas and still complains that he is not getting enough tax breaks. He still has to shelter his money out of our country to avoid paying his fair share. How can anyone vote for a guy that cannot remember which side of the issues he is for on any particular day? How can a rational, intelligent person even consider voting for a candidate that cheats his way through life by pretending to care about the Sandy victims except for a photo op with canned goods that he bought himself so people could pretend to donate said canned goods? Seriously? Mitt goes out and gets a spray tan to "impress" Hispanic voters! Hires blacks to accompany him to the NAACP rally.
    I don't want to be impressed by a candidate, I want to vote on the quality of his actions. And the Republicans are acting just plain weird.
    Seriously, you guys voted for G.W. Bush and let him nearly destroy our country. Why don't you learn from your mistakes?

1. Gnarles Snarkly profile image61
      Gnarles Snarklyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What more can you say? What more can you do, except spend the next 4 years making sure that Mit doesn't serve 2 terms. To heck with solving problems or healing divisions.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're from Austin aren't you?

1. Getridame profile image60
        Getridameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Austin Rocks!

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that's the rumor. I was born in Austin and left just as soon as I could. It always amazes me how cool people think Austin is while they live in Williamson county or Hays,Burner.

6. Drhu profile image59
    Drhuposted 11 years ago

I saw an intersesting thing on Facebook which said We survived Bush, you will survive Obama.
    It led me to wonder why folks think not having thier person win is the end of the world?

Good point. The president can only do so much. He (or she) is not a despot. At the end of the day, it comes down to how we citizens do.

7. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 11 years ago

I can't tell you how many times I've heard through the years "If so-and-so gets elected, I'm moving to Canada"....   lol

Oh yes....Alec Baldwin.........just an example.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

They will survive and keep working towards their goals. They will not be as prone to believing wacko conspiracy theories.

Unlike some on the other side who are predicting the end of the world if Obama is reelected.

9. Barefootfae profile image61
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

Does anyone else want to weigh in on this one?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, me!  I will watch to see what happens when Romney takes office and suddenly realizes that it ain't what he thought it was going to be.  No, Mitt, it is NOT a corporation where you can bully your views through and always have it your way.  You really WILL have to back off some of those outrageous promises about what you were going to do on day 1 in office, because you'll realize you don't have the authority to do all of those things just by saying you want to!  It's going to be a bloodbath for you, and I don't think stamping your foot, getting red in the face and asking your wife what to do is going to help.  Watched this exact scenario with our CEO Governor who bought the last election with his Medicare Fraud money and now he's licking his wounds...after almost undoing our state.  It's just plain awful!

1. tammybarnette profile image61

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ smile I just love his grandious promises as he beats up on Obama for his idealistic views befor he took office, and as all the rest, turned gray headed...If people voting for Romney believe he will achieve ALL of his goals, they are clearly delusional...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He has already says he won't fix everything immediately and it might take 8 years. This makes me shake my head when some are willing to agree to that while expecting Obama to fix everything within his first months as president.

What if he can't do it in 8 years?

2. Barefootfae profile image61

No Tammy I am not delusional and neither should everyone have been who voted for him in 2008 but they were.
          People talking about Barack paying their bills and such.......

1. tammybarnette profile image61

Barefootfae, If you do not expect Romney to "fix" everything, then you are not delusional, so if not, why would you have expected any POTUS could "fix," this train wrecked economy in half the time it took to wreck it? When Bush took office, we had a surplus and his policies drove us in a ditch...If Romney's policies are so much like those of Bush, what will that do for this country?

Well maybe his policies aren't that much like Bush's. i didn't like Bush either but I liked Gore and Kerry even less.

2. profile image60

If you study the Constitution, you will see that budgets are approved by Congress.

If you can get the Senate to pass one......
                Hey maybe we will get rid of Harry Reid in all this. Talk about your silver linings.

2. tammybarnette profile image61

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/feat … bush200712
            Barefootfae, This is an article from vanity fair in 2007, a good reminder...

Ok then let's re-elect Barack and then we can go about repealing the 22d amendment and just keep re-electing him till he gets it they way he thinks he feels that he will tell you he knows it's supposed to be.
              Ok?

3. profile image60

Even more delusional are those that think obama will actually make things any better.  His record suggests otherwise.

10. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but if Mitt wins I will be selling all my stock in the Iranian Nuclear Co., and with the money buy land in Jackson County, Missouri.

http://www.mormoninthehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/gardenofeden-480x330.jpg

11. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

its been bandied about a lot lately on cable news how the right wing is crowing,... in hushed tones,.. that there are fears of race riots if obama looses,.... its seems soo absurd on the surface,... for the right to warn of race riots if obama should loose sorta implies that we should all vote for obama to avoid the violence,... or that many will vote for obama out of fear,......

in reality,.... and i say this as an angry dissafected republican,..... the powers that be have read the tea leaves in the tea party koolaid,.... they know thier holden boy mitt is going to loose,.... going to get whopped like a red headed stepchild in fact......

so they are setting up the failure within the frame work that they can make the best use of over the next 4 years,..... when obama wins a 2nd term they will point thier fingers at reverse racism, white fear of colored violence,.... they still get to play the politics of fear,.... even when they loose, they win.

and in a twisted conspiracy freek way,..... i think they knew romney was a long shot at best,.... they knew he would tank and dump this,........... they make just as much money no matter whos in office,...... in truth, they have better politics if they are the oposition party.

sad really,....... i wonder if anyone can save my beloved GOP from itself,...... my hero's..... Ike, TR.... they wouldnt recognize todays GOP.

but then TR didnt gecognize his own party then in short order,...... GO BULL MOOSE!

Short answer . . . no. Ike wouldn't stand a chance in today's Fox News world of agitated agitators.

The Democrats are also a ship of fools. We need an "Independent" party.

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i voted the 5% today

Did you write in Buddy Roemer?

1. stclairjack profile image77
            stclairjackposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i voted for gary johnson, libertarian

Now we need to get Gary, Buddy, Michelle Obama, and Nino Gonzales to get busy on that new party.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Actually, there was a riot by a small group after the election

http://digitaljournal.com/article/336405

Yes....hopefully that gets put to rest.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)