Israel 2

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

*War in Israel , is it about religion ?

I think it isn't for most people

*could God ask his people to take over a land and kill its people ?

*what scenario you would put of what is happening in Israel now?
    my scenario is that Israel was promised the land by British as they helpd in second world war.
    Israel had built the army and exited Palestinians to form defending forces to make the world thinks it is in a danger.

what's your scenario?

1. LondonGirl profile image80
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree. The Balfour Declaration was about 1917. The Second World War, 1939 to 1945.

1. Make  Money profile image67
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the Balfour Declaration was an agreement by the English to promise some land in Palestine to the zionists if the zionists talked the U.S. into coming into the first world war as an ally of England.  But what right did the English have in promising someone else's land to the zionists.

Ironically during the first world war the English, through Lawrence of Arabia also promised the Arabs of Palestine and the surrounding region that the English would not support zionist immigration to Palestine if the Arabs banned together to defeat the Ottoman Empire that controlled the region before the first world war.  The Arabs banned together to defeat the Ottoman Empire but the English went back on their word.

I'd call that playing both sides.

1. Eng.M profile image65
          Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

interesting

any reference ?

I've read about this many times.  The first I realized it was from David Lean's 1962 movie titled "Lawrence of Arabia" that I seen again a few of years ago.

This book review of Promises and betrayals mentions it.

This video about British double-dealing during WWI talks about it.

The MacDonald White Paper of 1939 tried to correct the problem.

Some comments on "Lawrence of Arabia" has this quote from T. E. Lawrence, who wrote The Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

I hope that helps.
            Mike

1. Eng.M profile image65

very much mike
              thanx

2. Eng.M profile image65

I'd better start reading history

2. guidebaba profile image59
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

War in Israel is not about relegion. It is about supremacy. Hamas thinks they are supreme to israel. Israel has done the right thing very similar to US attacks on Iraq, Afganistan and now Pakistan to eliminate Taliban and their supremacy.

1. Eng.M profile image65

you mean to control all lands
        to live and let others die because they desreve so

wasn't the USA who supported Taliban to fight the Soviets ?

No. They supported the Mujahideen, the Taliban didn't exist at the time.

2. Make  Money profile image67

Contrary to what you say guidebaba, the stats below and with what has happened in Palestine over the past 80 or 90 years it looks more like zionist supremacy than anything.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Everybody has their own point of view smile

From Israeli perspective, this land was given to them by their God, and therefore anybody but them residing on it is an occupant and should be expelled.

From Arabs perspective countless generations of their ancestors lived on this land, and as far as they are concerned this land is their motherland, and any newcomer claiming control over this land is an occupant and should be expelled.

Their is no way to satisfy both perspectives simultaneously, so war is there until either or both will change sad

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  sad

2. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Most Israelis don't think the land was given to them by God (most Israelis are, in fact, secular). They simply see it as the land of their ancestors (and where Jews have maintained a presence over the past 2000 years), and the only place they could legitimately claim as their ethnic homeland. They have a bad history of being mistreated when they were the minority, so they want to have a country where they are the majority.

This should not be confused by the beliefs of evangelical Christians, who do believe that Israel was created by God, but they typically support Israel for cynical and wholly self-serving interests.

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We can argue about your points all day long, and this will only put us further from the root of the problem. Let me rephrase it without God, because it is irrelevant why Israelis believe in their right:

Both parties honestly believe they have rights to this land, and both parties believe the other party does not have those rights. Until either or both change their believes, the war is unavoidable.

1. livelonger profile image86

Well, you could've easily made your point without the Israeli sentiment sounding like it's based in religious nonsense (because it's not). But agreed - both sides need to realize they're not going to have rights to all of the land. Which brings us back to 1947...

1. Misha profile image64

Definitely I could. But jewish secular life is so much influenced by Judaism I don't see much difference really, unless we define as religious only orthodox Jews. Did you ever happen to celebrate Pesah in Jewish family in diaspora? Do you remember "next year in Jerusalem?"

I don't know because I'm not Jewish (but I am learning). There can be (and I would argue) is symbolic value in traditions and in Israel that go beyond the religion itself. Many atheist Jews (they do exist) are deeply connected to Israel.

2. LondonGirl profile image80

So? I think you are missing the very real and deep divide in Israeli society between secular and religious Jews. There is a big difference, and not all Jews (whether Israeli or not) are at all religious.

1. Misha profile image64

I think I was not clear enough smile I know about this big divide between orthodox and "normal" jews, I witnessed it myself over there.

What I am trying to say is that Judaism is so much embedded into regular jewish culture it is often very hard to say where one ends and the other starts.

And Zionism is heavily embedded into diaspora, too. Basically, I don't know any Jew who would celebrate Pesah without drinking to the "Next year in Jerusalem". It's just a part of cultural tradition - yet it sets demands and expectations for the generations to come....

2. Eng.M profile image65

even better Misha
          I like this

3. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have called for the world, not Israel, to give generous reparations to the palestinians in exchange for peace. The world created this intractable situation and the world must solve the problem.

Sounds like a good idea.  So what would you say if the world decided to give generous reparations to the Palestinians in exchange for peace by moving the zionists out of the occupied territories?  Oh I forgot, that's what the world has decided for the last couple of decades threw the United Nations.

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

Well put Misha.

4. knolyourself profile image61

"They have a bad history of being mistreated when they were the minority, so they want to have a country where they are the majority."
    Very true so why didn't they someplace like Australia?

1. Misha profile image64

Actually Stalin created a municipality for jews in the middle of Siberia  smile

2. livelonger profile image86

Because Australia wasn't the place their ancestors hailed from, and where they've had a (small) presence throughout the ages.

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why not Arabs go to Australia instead?  If Israel goes out, Arabs will fight with the nearest neighbour.  They will always fight with someone near them. There will be no one in West Australia to fight.

1. Eng.M profile image65

what makes you say that ?

what historical recods you rely on ?

what do they must do ?

surrender and let Israel choose their destiny and treat them as a low class people
        or defend themselves

I actually agree that Hammas shouldn't have got into this war
        but

what sense in the world makes you want to control people lives without expecting any resistance

let me come to your house
        tell you that I owned the land long time ago and I want it back
        control your home and when you refuse I capture you in one room and ask you to keep quite
        when you don't I say you are a terrorist

I certainly don't think that "all Arabs fight" but there have been a number of wars involving Arab nations over the past 25 years or so. The PLO caused a great deal of unrest in Jordan and Lebanon, the Iran / Iraq war, Iraq invading Kuwait, etc.

1. Eng.M profile image65

didn't the USA have anything to do wih all these wars ?

weren't all Arab dictator leaders encourged by the US ?
            and they are still doing it
            is this the democracy they call for?

you know what some people call Push strategies ?
            repeating lies would make people think they are correct

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I am not a jew either, I just happened to have a jewish wife for 15 years - or did she have me? yikes. So I sort of have some "insider" information in that sense. Her family was in no way religious - at that time in former USSR almost nobody was - yet they honestly believed that God gave jews this land, and those who don't strive to get there and fulfill the God's will are not real jews...

It sounds like they were religious, but maybe they weren't open about it because religion was forbidden in the Soviet Union?

Here's an interesting article on a blog I follow about younger American Jews' attitudes towards Israel, guest-written by a young American Jew.

6. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

That's a good article livelonger, a lot of good comments too.  The young American Jews are basically saying the same as the True Torah Jews, that Israel's actions sometimes brings antisemitism for them.

7. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

why not Australia ?

if I am not wrong :
    Palestine(Israel) was the deal that satisfies all jews parties nowadays ,
    atheists, Orthodox, Zionists and others

Palestine had united all the Jews

1. Nickny79 profile image68
      Nickny79posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Israel occupies what you call Palestine because they won several wars for the right to do so.  To the victors go the spoils of war.

No to the contrary Eng.M.  A lot of Jews do not support the state of Israel.  Some Jewish sites even say the majority of Jews worldwide do not.
      Jews against zionism

1. Eng.M profile image65

I know  , I met many ...Sara Roy

I meant some others

let it be this way

some people having the same goal so they had to unite

DO you mean a majority don't support all Israel's actions, or a majority don't think Israel should exist at all?

I am saying some Jewish web sites claim the majority of Jews world wide do not support the state of Israel.

Some Jewish web sites call it an abomination and that there should not be a state for the Jews until after the coming of the Messiah according to their Torah.  But don't believe me, read their web sites for yourself.  I get about 375,000 results when I do a Google search for Jews against zionism

Now that is something that I doubt we will ever see in the western media.  Here's a couple of images from their web sites.

From 2 Jan 2009 - Washington, DC
          http://www.nkusa.org/activities/Demonstrations/20090102/DC.jpg

January 3, 2009 - New York City, NY
          http://www.nkusa.org/activities/Demonstrations/20090103/1-558314992705_0_BG.jpg

You can see a lot more images from around the world of Orthodox Jews protesting zionist atrocities at Neturei Karta

Eng.M I don't know why we needed 3 different threads talking about the same subject.  Some of us are repeating ourselves over and over again because of it.

1. Eng.M profile image65

I thought I am talking about the topic from different views
            Israel 1 talks about recent war
            Israel 2 suggest the war beginning scenario
            Israel 3 points to the war results from wounded children I saw

all of them shows how biased to Arabs I am but tell me one reason I shouldn't be ?
            Is invading people and asking for peace acceptable ?

8. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 15 years ago

Eng.M,

If you expect "resistance" (constant shelling of Israel, killing civilians and causing them to live under constant fear) to work, then you haven't learned the lessons of recent history. Israel isn't going anywhere, and when provoked, they have a tendency to overreact.

Why do you think Gaza was attacked by Israel and not the West Bank? Why was the situation exactly the opposite just a few years ago?

What is your goal - to have Gaza & the West Bank become an independent Palestine, or to "recapture" all the lands of Israel as Arab property?

National TV just aired a Hamas representative saying they would recognize Israel if they would return to the pre-1967 borders.

Israel could have peace if they wanted it.

2. Eng.M profile image65

Do you think it's a normal situation for Israelto be between all these Arab countries

may be the goal could be peace and that could only happen by good intentions shown by Israel

resources equality could be a good start

Sara Roy (a jewish writer) ponited in a public lecture in Melbourne Australia that Palestinions shortage of resources is being dropped down dramtically in recent years
      Sara is a writer who preferred to live with Palestinions and defend their rights
      she says that the media doesn't mention a lot of facts

people have to look at the topic from different angles because we are in a time where right looks wrong and wrong looks right

Yes, it's normal for Israel to be between all the Arab countries; it's been the case for over 60 years now. Besides, the "Arab countries" are not exclusively Arab; there are other ethnic groups such as Bedouin, Druze, Alawi, Berber, Armenian, etc.

Because of their history, Jews prefer to be the majority in their state. In all the Arab countries, Arabs are the majority, so it's never been questioned.

I think both Israel and the Palestinians need to show good intentions. Both have strayed from the road to peace.

I believe that the media doesn't report everything, but that's to the detriment of both sides, not just the Palestinian one.

Keep in mind that for every person you count as brainwashed in favor of Israel, there is another person who is just as brainwashed in favor of Palestine. Just look at the Forums here for several examples of each.

As for Sarah Roy: good for her. People like her tear down the widely-held perception that all Jews defend Israel's actions no matter what.

1. Eng.M profile image65

yes it has the case but as normal

Bedouin(who live in the desert) and Alawi(religious belief) are Arabs and the rest are minorities

do you know why ?

because Arabs have never had to fight to be a majority

and about Muslims , they ruled India for centuries but Hindus are still the majority

I can't argue with that
          but it's always in hand of the powerful party to start showing good intentions

right

now,my question is :
          did Arabs have to fight to take over the land from Jewish long time ago ?

I don't think so

9. knolyourself profile image61

BBC: "Any Israeli soldiers accused of war crimes in the Gaza Strip will be given state protection from prosecution overseas, the country's PM has said."

= pandering to the right-wing ahead of the upcoming elections

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
        Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A chance for the Israelis to vote for negotiation and get rid of the current administration. That will place the ball firmly in Hamas' court.

The problem is that the next government could be the one led by Netanyahu who is even more blood thirsty.

10. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

From the front page of the True Torah Jews web site they quote a different Rabbis under 'Words of the Rabbis Opposing Zionism - Today's Quote'.  At this time their web site is quoting Rav Yitzchok Dov Koppelman.  This is what he said.

If you read this after the True Torah Jews change the quote on the front of their web site to another Rabbi the above quote and more can be found on the page for Rav Yitzchok Dov Koppelman

1. Eng.M profile image65

nothing more to say
      Zionism is different from Judaism

Exactly

Today the True Torah Jews are quoting Rabbi Amram Blau on their front page.  This is what he had to say.

If you see this after the True Torah Jews change the quote on their front page you can read the above from the page for Rabbi Amram Blau

11. knolyourself profile image61

So wonder does George Mitchell think he is going to get a peace treaty without talking to Hamas?

12. livelonger profile image86

I think both the Jews and Arabs have compelling reasons to live in the same land.

There are extremists who want all of the land to themselves.

There are selfish people who can't understand that the other side has a reasonable claim to some land too.

There are unrealistic people who imagine that they can live together in the same state in perfect harmony.

If we could go back to 1948 with what we all know now, would things have gone the same way again?

1. Eng.M profile image65

well man , I like your analysis

we may forget about what happend in the past as Obama says

but

Israel having one of the most powerful army , is it still going to get help from the first power in the world to be the priority in this war ?

Israel thinks their blood is expensive and the Arab's is cheap

are Israelies and Arabs getting the same care from decision makers inthe world ?

or may be Arabs in Palestine are being treated as second or third class people because they are berbers and wild

may be a second reason for the USA to be behind Israel in this war is fighting Iran as this one has been supporting Hammas

the USA is supporting this idea due to economical benefits

a last question :

Can't the huge difference in number of killed civillians between both sides be a scale of whom to protect between them ?

Yes, probably. And provided Hamas lays down its arms, it will get help from the US too.

I don't think Israel thinks Arab blood is cheaper than Hamas does. Hamas doesn't seem to care about civilian deaths at all - they were celebrating at the "victory" when hundreds of their people were dead.

Arabs is a very, very, very broad group. Fatah enjoys support, Hamas does not, and the genocidal killers in the Sudan enjoy the least.

I don't think so.

The US has been behind Israel for several decades, before even the Iranian revolution. Why Iran feels the need to support Palestinians when their only bond is religion should probably be better explained.... (they certainly don't seem to care about Muslim Darfuris being killed by the hundreds of thousands...)

I'll adapt a quote from Golda Meir: When Hamas stops celebrating about how many Israelis they killed and instead gets concerned about how many Palestinians were killed, there will be peace.

13. Eng.M profile image65
    Eng.Mposted 15 years ago

LiveLonger
    you talk like politicians
    you suggest that Hammas lay down arms and blame its attitude for the death overethere

well
    if they do so , they wont be a threatening party on Israel anymore and Gaza will be Jewish like others.
    the peace Israel wants is to control Arabs destinies, to be the masters, live good and make Arabs have less opportunities.

also, how would you expect different attitudes from Gazza people.
    they have been living in such slaughtering in their lands and their .grandfathers' home is being stolen by people.
    these people were promised to have it because of religious beliefs not everyone thinks of it.

do you know that every person is a mirror of his/her environment.
    for example,sea people are more open and friendly than others.
    mountainsresidents are tougher and difficult to deal with than others.

and the same

people in a continuous war will have their weapons ready to defend their lands.
    the under siege place has forced Hammas to fight for livng with dignity.(but I don't agree they fight at this time)
    the peace Israel wants takes off thier dignity away and they refuse it.

and don't tell about Fatah beacuase these people are enjoying life as millionires while others are starving to death in Palestine.

Londongirl
    Taliban was formed to rule by islam in an extreme way more than islam asked for .
    mujahdeens were formed from these people who didn't have the name Taliban by then and from Arab wariors who came from many countries mostly from Saudi Arabia.
    the USA as a dominant power in the middle east suggested to their leaderes to let them go and they supported them by arms also.
    these Arab Mujahdeens shared these arms with local islamic extreme Afghanies(Taliban later)
    I may be wrong , I can't find any English resource of what I am saying
    but that seems logical to me as I read a lot about Afghanistan and its strategical geographic position imoprtance to British, Soviets and the US long time ago.

peace be upon everyone wants it

I sound like a politician? How so - which politician?

Why do you think Israel withdrew from Gaza a couple of years ago? Because they wanted to make it Jewish? We're not talking about a lifetime ago...

Should Israel ignore or peacefully deal with a party that is committed to its destruction? Would you?

I agree that continuous war can shape a people's mentality. Who started and continued war against Israel? Then who must stop it?

Hamas' definition of dignity is full Arab control over the entire Levant, with no Jewish state whatsoever. It does not mean controlling their own land and living alongside Israel.

As for Fatah - yes, I can imagine they are corrupt. This is, after all, Yasser Arafat's party (and he was very corrupt). I can understand that Hamas is less corrupt than Fatah. But Fatah at least understands that it is not going to have peace unless it learns to coexist with Israel. Hamas has not learned that yet. Maybe that's because peace is not its goal.

1. Eng.M profile image65

just kidding

strategic plans may be
        the balance between their goals and international view

may be both sides should stop it but first new effective ways should be created that needs other parties to interrupt

for example, what happend to Egyption control over Gazza
        Egypt could just be a bridge for Gazza to the rest world, they shouldn't do more than this
        Israel would ask Egypt to be this bridge and may be Egypt wont refuse because of the annual external help they get from the USA

why doesn't the united nation put its forces in the borders between Israel and Gazza
        did they try to do so ? do you tell me that this small weak group of people are scaring the whole world
        no, do you know what I think?
        Israel wants to keep it as it is to have reasons to extend more in the area
        yeah , that what I think, more extension by Israel

I can't tell but they have the right to try to control the whole lands as thses were their granfathers' but they should do this with wisdome , honor and dignity (Israel claims to have the same right but for 2000 years old grandfathers, do you think this is logical ? )
        trying to get their ancients' lands by arbuptly fighting is unacceptable because of the innocent people at both sides and because of their current weak position
        and believe me , from history
        Jewish always lived alongside with muslims only when muslims took the control

the harmony Fatah trying to reach with Israel is good but they are just going for it for their own benefits not for their people
        or may be they are abdicating too much

peace

Yes, international pressure is important and effective - but for both sides.
          Israel has been at peace with Egypt for almost 30 years, and Jordan for 15 years. I think it has demonstrated that it can achieve long-term peace.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

Well, Israel did withdraw from Gaza when Gaza was not lobbing rockets into Israel. So the timing is important - Israel expanded into Gaza when Gaza elected Hamas and Hamas started attacks on Israel.
          Where Israel is expanding (against its own agreements) is the West Bank.

Well, many Arabs moved into Israel at the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century, so not every Palestinian can trace many centuries of lineage through the country. But they have a right to live in Palestine, too, right?

I'm not sure I understand your last point. Jews lived alongside Muslims, but they were treated as second-class citizens. I think the point of Israel is for Jews to have their own homeland, instead of being minorities everywhere else.

Yes, that might very well be true. At any rate, it seems like both Fatah and Hamas are putting their own concerns above the livelihood of their people, although in different ways...

If you keep repeating that livelonger I'm sure someone will believe you.  But in reality it's the other way around.  And there was no such country as Israel at the end of the 19th century or beginning of the 20th century.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine

That's the second source that I have read that quoted just 4% Jews.

According to the shrinking map of Palestine Jews just owned 2.5% of the land in 1917.

Fatah is extraordinarily corrupt.

The wall between Israel and the West Bank was partly built using concrete the Egyptians sold to Fatah very cheapily, and which was stolen and sold on to Israel.

14. knolyourself profile image61

"No. They supported the Mujahideen, the Taliban didn't exist at the time." Think the way it went was Russia invaded Afghanistan to support a socialist government. Heavens forbid can't have a socialist gov, so US helps to create a supply an opposition including Al Qaeda
    and Bin Ladin, and it was primarily the 'stinger missle' that won it for the religious nuts. Then US says see ya later and the gangsters take over. The Taliban was formed to take the country back from the criminals which they did, and stopped almost all heroin production.
    The US said can't have that, and invaded so that the gansters are back in power. Number one exporter of heroin in the world. So the Taliban is trying to take the country back again.

1. Eng.M profile image65

I thought Taliban also has been dealing with drugs

When they were in govt, they were pretty anti-drugs. Less so now, I understand.

Like LondonGirl and knolyourself both said the Taliban originally tried to have the poppy fields in Afghanistan shut down.

Form http://www.thedossier.ukonline.co.uk/september11th.htm

From the link above everything in brackets in the quote goes to another link for supposed proof.

15. livelonger profile image86

Justin McCarthy? The Armenian Genocide denier?

1. David Duke
    2. Israel Shamir
    3. Justin McCarthy

Any other completely disreputable people you want to quote?

And, as it should be completely obvious, when I refer to Israel in any period before 1947, I'm referring to "the land that is currently called Israel."

16. knolyourself profile image61

"Any other completely disreputable people you want to quote?"
    Actually the justification for the existence of Israel is the Holocust.
    So it is an industry. Some people think it is exagerated for political reasons, as the justification of Israel. Some people are in jail in Europe for expressing such ideas. Speech crime. Ideas are against the law in some places, like enlightened Europe.

I believe those laws are used against Holocaust deniers, and they exist in countries like Germany and Austria where there was a fear of recidivism right after WW2.

In the US, you can say any sort of inane idea you want, so Holocaust deniers can't "enjoy" the status of a martyr.

17. knolyourself profile image61

Holocaust denial is an idea.
    "Germany and Austria where there was a fear of recidivism right after WW2." It happens presently.

I suppose you could claim that denial of fact is expression of an idea.
      You'll have to take your case up with the Germans and Austrians. I fully support people being able to say whatever ludicrous and unsubstantiated things they want.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)