jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

If the ISIS Islamic 'Caliphat' attacks America...

1. aguasilver profile image81
    aguasilverposted 3 years ago

Would that be a war, rather than a terrorist action, and therefore would/should  America intern all US based Muslims as 'the potential enemy '. As they did with the Japanese Americans during WW2?

By declaring themselves as an 'islamic Caliphat' has ISIS opened the path to open warfare against them. (assuming that your present POTUS cannot stop it)

1. Zelkiiro profile image96
      Zelkiiroposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If we did, then I hereby give every other country permission to nuke the everloving sh!t out of us. Because that was reprehensible back then, too.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.  It was wrong then and it would be wrong now.  Not just wrong, evil.

1. aguasilver profile image81
          aguasilverposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Would your opinion change if (assuming it was a war) there were a sequence of high death rate attacks carried out by American Muslims?

Just curious, I agree that the internment of the Japanese Americans was atrocious, especially as (I may need to be corrected) they did not act against Americas interests.

But this guy has declared himself THE CALIPH, and commanded ALL Muslims to recognize and support him.

If that notion gains widespread acceptance..... what would America do?

When does liberalism react to uncomfortable situations that threaten the very liberal thinking that currently guides the USA?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It would on;y be war if they were recognized as a country, which seems unlikely.

working