jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The Feminine and Religion

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 23 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/8387863_f520.jpg
    What makes certain aspects of the feminine fearful, even threatening in organized religions?  Why are such religions comfortable with the feminine if it is obedient and submissive to masculine authorities and precepts?  Why is the strong feminine viewed as a negative aspects in organized religions? What makes organized religions antithetical to women's full human and spiritual development?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
      Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago in reply to this

what the heck?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
    Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago

I am determined to decipher this:
    "What makes certain aspects of the feminine (what aspects exactly?) fearful, even threatening in (to?) organized religions?"
    We need a for instance.

"Why are such religions comfortable (which ones?) with the feminine (what is "the feminine?" if it is obedient and submissive to masculine authorities and precepts?"
    HUH? Maybe you you should refer to Indian/Hindu precepts.

"Why is the strong feminine viewed as a negative aspects in organized religions?" HUH?

"What makes organized religions antithetical (directly opposed or contrasted; mutually incompatible:)  to women's full human and spiritual development?"
    What  the … ?

I mean really, gmwilliams, what are you referring to exactly?

Maybe I'm glad I didn't go to YOUR church as a kid!

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
    Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago

No one should be indoctrinated with these repressive precepts. I know some are in the OT. But the OT was for another time and place.

Strong women happily downplay their power for the sake of harmony. They use their power when it is necessary and in different ways than men.
    A strong woman is wise enough to know when to use her power and when to let the man use his power. If a woman wants her power and is not willing to yield to a man, she should not marry.
    Thats my opinion.

4. daydreamer13 profile image59
    daydreamer13posted 23 months ago

Feminine is not feared by religion. They are to be protected by the men and are to assist their husbands. This does not mean they are seen as inferior to men, just that men and women have their roles to play. There is to be an order to things. You can twist that any way you want but I'm sure you know what I mean. Women are not feared. We are not still burning witched at the stake. I would like to know where you get your information on religion and which religions in particular you are referring to. Not all religions are the same and I fear too many people are becoming fearful of religion and don't have all the facts. Women play a very prominent part in religious communities, alongside the men.

working