Pass the Popcorn

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Arachnea profile image67
    Arachneaposted 7 years ago

Is anyone as amused by this election cycle as I am? I really don't enjoy comedies unless they're really, really clever and well done. But, for me, this build up to a newly elected president has me in stitches most times. And, please, please don't mention the Supreme Court nomination thing. I just may bust a gut, but that's rather sad, too.

1. KarenHC profile image79
      KarenHCposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My husband has been shaking his head muttering, "Unbelievable, unbelievable!" for the last half hour, after hearing that Cruz has dropped out.   (We're not for Cruz or Trump, btw).    We would never have predicted that Trump would be the Republican nominee.  We don't know whether to be very amused or very scared!

1. kenneth avery profile image79
        kenneth averyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This has all the makings or earmarkings of a "Back to The Future IV," with Michael J. Foxx as Cruz; Christopher Lloyd as Trump and the rest of the cast, you be the judge.

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Here's one Trump as Dr. Strangelove or the how GOP learned to stop worrying and  love the BOMB.

2. Jack2205 profile image68
    Jack2205posted 7 years ago

The people that are running for president have been putting on a good comedy show. Trump has been talking about running for the last three elections and he finally did it.

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Video of Cruz roughing up his wife after he lost in Indiana.?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02JF7UnPeRk

What happened is that Trump spoke out about Ted Curz's father possibly being linked to Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assassination, and that no one was talking about it.   Interesting where that story leads...
    http://www.infowars.com/was-cruzs-fathe … ssination/

Trump could very well be the worst nightmare for the corruption in Washington in both the Republican and Democrat parties.  I congratulate Trump for pointing out what needed to be national conversation, because MSM wouldn't. 

Anti-Trumpers said they will riot if Trump won Indiana.  They get paid for creating mayhem in the streets, most likely by Clinton donors.   

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13003510.jpg
    #popcorn

Cruz is worse than Trump, but I think that it is a low blow to imply that physical contact with his wife immediately after the speech was anything other than a accident.

The other stuff about his father's relationship to Oswald is speculative and suitable only for 'Enquiring" minds.

Cruz has plenty of substantive problems without adding fairy tale stories

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Is Obama's fairy tale narrative on the Climate Change myth dying? 
        That house of cards is falling down, falling down... 
        Santa isn't real either?  Low blow? pft
        The Global Warming profiteers have been exposed and their false data.
        And, Hillary and Bernie support the Climate Change fairy tale.
        Trump called out Climate Change as the hoax it is, so did Cruz.

The top investigative journalist who exposed the story on "Ted Curz's father possibly being linked to Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assassination" doesn't tell fairy tales, just the facts. 
        So, pin a tail on a donkey.
        #popcorn

4. colorfulone profile image78

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13003445.jpg
    Its a Trump/Hillary race now.  Trump won Illinois and killed California in spite of the riots (seems they help him, look at Chicago) ... so the decisive with Hillary who has used politics to kill people, sell weaponry to our enemies and to fill her "foundation" as well as destroy women who were Bills victims while crying "women's rights".... or someone not in politics who may be brash but honest with a proven business track record that could help America's economy and commerce, as well as our position globally in foreign trade?

#popcorn

1. rhamson profile image72
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Bernie's whole political life has been about exposing things that scream favoritism and corruption. How many knew beyond the Electoral College the methods that manipulate the vote? He has exposed a dirty underbelly to the two parties and the public is now in a quandary about what is happening. I like Bernie but the Hillary machine is steamrolling its' way to the nomination. If she wins I want to throw a hand grenade like Trump at her to expose the rest of her dirty laundry. What is funny is that Trump doesn't care if his accusations can be substantiated as long as they are voiced. It is refreshing as the politeness that the rest of the slime count on is now unbound.

Bernie and Trump have both been exposing the election fraud that has been used against them, (and the delegate thing).  The system has been rigged for a long time and is easy to do now with computers.  B&T are two peas in a pod on some issues but are far apart on others.   

Hillary could still be indicted. And, from what I hear there could be some FBI leaks coming out in their investigation.  So!  Maybe Bernie should hang-in there, I hope he does.

It will be interesting to see what accusations Hillary throws at Trump.  I'm pretty sure I already know what grenades he'll throw at her, but he more than likely has some surprises.  Seems to be confident that he can beat her, I sure hope to God he does (and not take a bullet).   

According to Geni .com, Hillary and Trump are 19th cousins, (and they didn't even know it).  Trump is an inherited honorary Knight of the Round Table.  All of the US presidents are supposed to have royal European blood except for Obama, who is related to Dick Cheney's wife.   (popcorn)

5. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

I am not one bit happy that Trump came out on top. I would vote for anyone other than him. I would vote even vote for Bush if Trump just went away.

This is reminder to voters in a Trump love fest to check themselves from a  classic line from the film 'Ghost Story' (1981) when the hero unwittingly kisses the ghoul, the ghoul later upon revealing its true nature says, "did you not know what it was that you kissed and touched"?

All the conservative pundits are warning their flocks of a rout for the GOP next fall if they fall for the 'allure' of the Trump fever.

Here is food for thought from a good article from the Washington Post..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … ?tid=a_inl

I may get my wish and see a substantial portion of the conservative and GOP ediface fall into disarray. With that possible outcome in view, I say

TRUMP. TRUMP, TRUMP!!!

6. colorfulone profile image78

Ever see the movie "Unstoppable?"

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13004782.jpg
    The Trump Train is a real phenomenon!
    The left-leaning Cruz and Kasich had to step out of the way.

Colorfulone, don't you know that Cruz is far more consistently conservative on the issues than Trump?

7. colorfulone profile image78

I think that Cruz was a Bush plant,  (study to show yourself approved).  I call him a neocon, like the Clintons and Obama.  Is it any wonder you are defending him?

Why do you think I am defending Cruz?  I don't defend any rightwinger. I am already approved as a solid opponent of errant rightwing reasoning. There is as much similarity between Cruz and Clinton as there is between a gerbil and and an elephant.

BTW, don't you know I want YOUR man to win the nomination!!!

I am not for the right-wing garbage or for the left-wing garbage.  I don't kind of dis other people like a self-righteous snob, or of the oh I can't talk to them crowd because of the political polarization that has been intentionally created by the establishment's elites / technocrats to divide and conquer by pitting people against each other...in a programmed reality that is a narcissistic false paradigm loop that is all about self where people have been completely taken over by the system.   That's mind control that leaks out like a mental illness living in a false culture that is killing us. It has been designed by design to take us down. 

I'm not totally thrilled with everything Trump says, but I do support his ideas on the political issues he is running his campaign on.  He has had his mind set for the past thirty or forty years and he isn't being swayed by donors like the political puppets Cruz and Clinton, etc. 

The Bush and the Clinton families are great friends, they are like family, and some of their not so good policies overlap with Obama's. Cruz was / is a Bush operative but you wouldn't know that by listening to the rhetoric and the talking points.

The real times we live in today are epic, its incredible, its amazing, its over the top dangerous and thought provoking. Its thrilling with all the things that are going on. Just crazy! 

I find myself feeling frustrated because I cannot summarize how even the quarterbacks don't fully understand the globalist's agenda and the over-all compendium and continuum of exactly what field they are playing on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)