Do you think it is time for Trump to stop tweeting?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 6 years ago

It is clear to me that Presidents should not be tweeting. It was fine when candidate Trump was running for President and he tweeted to get the attention and his points across without the spin of the media. Now that he is President of the US, there is no good reason for him to tweet any more. He has a big megaphone. He should stick to his agenda and let others do the daily news conference. We don't need the distraction and the mixed messaging. It is also another self inflicted wound when there is a hostile press. IMHO.

1. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it's a self inflicted wound. If he was more of a sophisticated political hack  he could be doing all these things without major blow back. A lot of the things he does, probably every other president has done, but to me, I just think he is the world's worst boss when he fired Comey. That is just one example of his bad management style.  Could of done it so much more nicely but Donnie did it in the worst possible way as more of a vengeful and vindictive retaliation because Comey would not bend to the president’s whim, but kept his honor to protect the United States.

I do solemnly swear  that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The key is lawful
      "to obey any lawful general order or regulation;"

Being asked for a loyalty oath to a person and not our nation of laws is what Trump attempted to do 7 days at the one-on-one WH dinner - twice.

"Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.

But Trump pressed him on whether it would be “honest loyalty.”

“You will have that,” Comey told his associates he responded."
      - https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 … y-demurred

Trump’s probably attempted to obstructed justice by having Comey drop the Russian investigation.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello jackclee, I agree with you. But...

Could my agreement be because I am not of the 'mobile generation', and just have a different perspective on "proper" methods of communication?

And then there is the obvious contradiction of your rational justifying it for campaigning. Couldn't it be said that the same justification applies to his presidential communications - except that we just don't see it as properly dignified for the office?

Even with those questions, I still think that presidential tweeting is not appropriate or wise.

GA

3. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like that President Trump has someone posting on Twitter and other social media sites for him (the guy use to be Trump's caddy).  I get to read what those direct posts to the people say.   The liberal media hates it because people can plainly read for them self what was actually said...and also see how the talking-heads spin it into something else.

I read what Trump has posted and I listen to what he says via unedited videos to be informed.  If I listened to MSNBC, CNN, etc., I'd be listening to the oppositions BS just like so many obviously do. 

I'd rather read or hear for myself than get the twisted versions.

4. FitnezzJim profile image77
      FitnezzJimposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If Trump cancels daily press briefings, what other venue could be used to relay items of interest? 
      Perhaps we should anticipate a future where his tweets are the briefings.  Imagine the press flocking in response to a tweet, the same way a danger call by a bird cause the whole flock to fly away.  In some ways that would be poetic, would it not?
      After all, were tweets not originally intended to be for birds?
      If in the future tweets were the news, could we call the tweet leader “Big Bird”?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
        jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Very funny. I don't think he was serious about canceling press briefings.
        It is a common routine with Mr. trump. How does sane people fall for all this BS...
        We all know he says things he doesn't mean and he exaggerates to capture the attention...
        Why does the media never learn.

1. colorfulone profile image79

I watch all of the Press Briefings.  Some of the media are idiots and seem to be incompetent when it comes to reporting on the real content.  Trump doesn't need the media corp, they are irrelevant when it comes to reporting news.  I swear some of them act like they are mentally challenged in the briefing room, and certain prove they are in print.

2. ptosis profile image68
          ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree, the man breathes lies, he even lies about his lying but is he really that different?

'Lying in politics transcends political party and era. It is, in some ways, an inherent part of the profession of politicking. ... First, even just briefly, we hold the lie as true: We must accept something in order to understand it. ... We must actively choose to accept or reject each statement we hear. ... Repetition of any kind—even to refute the statement in question—only serves to solidify it ..  His lying becomes normalized. We might even become more likely to lie ourselves. ... “You are annihilated, exhausted, you can’t control yourself or remember what you said two minutes before. You feel that all is lost,”'
          https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d4/bd/b7/d4bdb7a98a94901390659c658cbaf01c.jpg
          https://i.warosu.org/data/biz/img/0001/47/1393475457865.jpg

combat
          confront
          defy
          refuse
          repel
          thwart
          turn down
          antagonize
          assail
          assault
          battle
          buck
          check
          contend
          counteract
          countervail
          dispute
          hinder
          persist
          die hard
          fight back
          hold off
          hold out against
          put up a fight
          remain firm
          stand up to
          struggle against

2. Perspycacious profile image62
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

It is not time for him to stop tweeting.  That time passed with his swearing in.
    Now it is more like swearing on, and on.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

I just love it that the left doesn't even have a clue as to what to think of Trumps style .  He's a true poker player , the best thing for our adversaries all across this world , unpredictable !     

Shoot em down Donald !

1. colorfulone profile image79

Its amazing what Trump has been able to accomplish during his days in office with all the resistance he gets from the deep state, globalists, media, Democrats and lunatics.  Simply amazing!

I hear Trump found out the someone was messing with his Twitter feed and putting all of his positive posts at the bottom and all of the more negative posts on top, and even blocking some positive posts.  Twitter is famous for being bias in favor of the far-left agenda's.  Dirty dealing!

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you get paid for rehashing the gilded one's words?

By the way, China is pushing on with its plans to integrate Europe, Asia and Africa into a seamlessly integrated trade area.

'America First' looks like being 'America (also ran)'.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china … SKCN18B0B5

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Now , you'll even praise China to disrespect anything Trump .

"Group think "is a dangerous way to justify the Trump  hate mission , Question ,   Does anyone on the left know how to think for themselves without group thinking ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)