jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Sen Al Franken apologizes for sexual misconduct

1. ptosis profile image83
    ptosisposted 3 weeks ago

Senate Democrats call for ethics investigation into allegations against Sen. Al Franken

Full Text of Apology:

"The first thing I want to do is apologize: to Leeann, to everyone else who was part of that tour, to everyone who has worked for me, to everyone I represent, and to everyone who counts on me to be an ally and supporter and champion of women.  There's more I want to say, but the first and most important thing -- and if it's the only thing you care to hear, that's fine -- is: I'm sorry.

"I respect women.  I don't respect men who don't.  And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed.

"But I want to say something else, too.  Over the last few months, all of us -- including and especially men who respect women -- have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think (perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

"For instance, that picture.  I don't know what was in my head when I took that picture, and it doesn't matter. There's no excuse. I look at it now and I feel disgusted with myself. It isn't funny. It's completely inappropriate. It's obvious how Leeann would feel violated by that picture. And, what's more, I can see how millions of other women would feel violated by it -- women who have had similar experiences in their own lives, women who fear having those experiences, women who look up to me, women who have counted on me.

"Coming from the world of comedy, I've told and written a lot of jokes that I once thought were funny but later came to realize were just plain offensive.  But the intentions behind my actions aren't the point at all.  It's the impact these jokes had on others that matters.  And I'm sorry it's taken me so long to come to terms with that.

"While I don't remember the rehearsal for the skit as Leeann does, I understand why we need to listen to and believe women's experiences.

"I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.

"And the truth is, what people think of me in light of this is far less important than what people think of women who continue to come forward to tell their stories. They deserve to be heard, and believed. And they deserve to know that I am their ally and supporter. I have let them down and am committed to making it up to them."

1. Live to Learn profile image80
      Live to Learnposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

What possible reason would a woman have to believe this 'apology'?

2. colorfulone profile image83
    colorfuloneposted 3 weeks ago

Here’s what Hannity told his listeners on Thursday:

“You know, I have an experience, look, obviously it’s not like what you guys went through. One day I went down to the green room at the Fox News channel and Barry Farber, who you know is one of the great radio pioneers and I went to see him. It was in the Hannity and Colmes days. I’m trying to have a conversation with Barry Farber and Al Franken is in there screaming at me and I’m like alright I don’t want to talk to you, I’m here to see my friend. Finally it gets to the point that I can’t even have it and I said alright Barry good to see you my friend, God bless you, give him a hug and walked out. [Franken] is screaming at me, following me and the halls of Fox are filled with security guys and literally he would not stop. They called the code and then security literally surrounded this guy.”

Melanie Morgan says, she was stalked and harassed by Al Franken. I learned from this video that Franken use to be a writer for Playboy. That the articles talked about what he would like to do to women, and can't even to told on air. 
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/564967792800 … show-clips 

Franken just being funny with Joy Behar’s breast?
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/ … ob-reiner/

How much of that $15.2 Million slush fund was paid out as hush money for Franken's victims?  Would anyone like to know who the people are that used that taxpayer money to silence victims? 

Frankenstein was just lecturing conservatives about respecting women last week.

3. colorfulone profile image83

Since 1995:  Congress Grants Itself Immunity From Paying Sexual Harassment Claims by Dick Morris
    http://www.dickmorris.com/congress-gran … mmentblock

They get to use taxpayer's money.  That needs to change.

ptosisposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

You only read far-right news entertainment. No wonder you post the things you do.  You need a wider range of news sources, - especially the 'news' part.  Amazing how people self propagandize themselves willingly and so thoughtlessly.

1. colorfulone profile image83
        colorfuloneposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Since when are members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret “shush” fund full of taxpayer dollars? Since 1995, it turns out.
        http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3603 … shush-fund

You can't get more left-wing than The Hill.  Try sparing me your nonsensical insults it doesn't reflect well on you.  And, if you knew Dick Morris at all, you would know that you can trust him. Intelligent man!

ptosisposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, let me goto the url DickMorris.com and get the 'real' story! Hilarious!

1. Live to Learn profile image80
            Live to Learnposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

You know it happens. We know it happens. Pretending that it doesn't is not going to help the problems go away.

1. ahorseback profile image81
              ahorsebackposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

THIS is where the true hypocrite's on the media  left show their true feelings and manifest's towards women's rights ,  I wonder when women will smarten up and figure that out?

Ladies ?

4. colorfulone profile image83

Franken has a second woman accusing him of sexual misconduct in 2010.  It sure will be nice when all the dust gets a chance to settles.  But, I think the current climate from Hellywood to DC will be trending awhile. 

What will the table talk be for Thanksgiving?

5. colorfulone profile image83

Looks like Joy Behar may need to get canned along with Franken.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13791401.jpg

Added:  "Newly surfaced pics show Al Franken grabbing Arianna Huffington’s breasts and butt"
    * https://pagesix.com/2017/11/20/new-pics … -and-butt/

working