jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What's fair is fair

1. RJ Schwartz profile image95
    RJ Schwartzposted 6 weeks ago

Recently news came out that the lead investigator on Mueller's team was separated from the group due to bias.  It was also learned that he was having an affair with an FBI prosecutor.  If a member of the armed services was caught having an affair, it would ruin his career and result in disciplinary action.  So why aren't the same rules applied to members of Congress, the FBI, and other key Federal agencies?
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13811797.jpg

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I don't see the living/working conditions as even halfway similar, and it seems to me that those conditions are a good part of what produces the prohibition.  Chain of command enters it as well, and somehow I don't see congressmen/women as having a chain of command.

2. ahorseback profile image80
      ahorsebackposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

RJ, No that would only happen under the Trump Derangement  sickness.  The left doesn't care about reality ,  only the left's reality .

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 6 weeks ago

Because military personnel are unequivocally owned by the military establishment. They are trained to follow orders unquestionably. To step out of line is a life or death risk. The civilians you mention are either elected by the people or appointed or hired by those elected by the people. The ones at the top are the ones who make the laws. You would have to convince them to change the laws.

working