DOW hit's + 5000 in one year under Trump , never before seen !

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

But the media ignores the record economic boosts from less than one year in office ?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The American people knows better. The media can only play interference for so long. Sooner or later, they will come around. When the people get their 401K statements at the end of the year, they will jump for joy and go out and spend and thank Trump for this recovery.

1. ptosis profile image66
        ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What’s behind the Dow’s stunning rise to 22,000?
        The surprisingly persistent gains this year have come courtesy of robust profits at big companies.
        So why the GOP tax cut plan?

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

To further increase the wealth of the little guy's liberties against Obama's big guy liberties , entitlement liberties , bigger government liberties of course .
          And the left still wages war for a nanny state .

Your post seems to be a completely disconnected and has nothing to do with what I posted. Such a nonsensical Tourette syndrome post that you just performed means nothing.

1. profile image0

So you really don't get why this economy is improved under Trump's business  confidence #s ?
              There's a huge surprise .

2. jackclee lm profile image81

You are missing the point. The reason the stock market is hitting new highs is because of the anticipated tax reductions on business. Your argument is only valid if this would have happened even if Hillary was elected... do you honestly believe that to be the case?

The Trump effect is real.
          People are more confident going forward. The consumer confidence is rising.
          The GDP is rising.
          Manufacturing jobs are being created...

The tax cut is needed to keep the economic growth coming.
          It is also needed to level the playing field. Our tax laws are too complicated.
          The increased standard deduction along with the smaller number of tax brackets will go a long way to reduce tax complexity. More people will be able to file the short form 1040.

The growth over the next few years of GDP will be our way to grow out of our huge debt.

1. profile image0

Have to remember Jack,  The left wouldn't admit economic success if Trump wrote a check to each of  them !  What has their party EVER shown at economic revenue increases  but higher taxation and more entitlement spending .

The left ,A perpetual cycle of tax and spend !

ahorseback, a perpetual cycle of spewing hateful lies - never changes.

1. profile image0

The truth really bothers some people .

So does a cactus burr or a goathead.

2. crankalicious profile image89
      crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I would just like to confirm that both you, ahorseback, and Jack, believe that a rise in the stock market is a measure of presidential success?

1. profile image0

It's  been said again and again , You on the left all ignore ALL the indicators of Trumps economic success'  IN ONE YEAR , just to play your immature obstruction games , look at all the indicators and economic gains ,

While every positive economic flag in the book waves in your faces , you're still stuck in the Putin is a" big bag wolf" phase of  political immaturity .Fact is ,look at unemployment numbers ,  corporate spending and investing , the Dow , the S&Ps,
        retirement stocks and bonds ,   look at your tax returns next year , look at the 17 year low in even Black unemployment figures released today . The GDPs ..........

Every economic sign is booming and all you're concentrated on apparently , is what ? Your Hilary guilt and Trump hatred ,  come on people ........time to let it go.

1. crankalicious profile image89

I said nothing about any of the things that you responded with. I asked a pretty simple question: do you believe that stock market gains are a measure of presidential success?

2. jackclee lm profile image81

Yes, indirectly. It is a leading indicator. It shows that the people have confidence in a growing economy and they expect companies to show higher profits...
        Trump is causing this by his deregulations and tax reform both of which will help businesses invest...
        There is no guarantees.. It is quite possible that the deficits could grow and cause a recession. As interest rates go up, our service of the debt increases. This will add to our high deficits. The only hope is for the GDP growth to offset some of this deficit.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
          Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Every Conservative presidency causes a recession, Jack. Where was the economy at when Dubya left office?  Dare you look there? tongue

George W Bush was not a true Conservative...

1. Randy Godwin profile image61

So you refuse to answer again, Jack? lol I could claim Obama and Hillary weren't true Liberals if you want to play that game. tongue

You can claim whatever you want but it does not make it true.

1. profile image0

Morning Jack ,  There are those on the left and I suppose some of the right too , who will gladly "Go down with the Ship " of ideology rather than admit it when economic success slaps them in the face , They ,who are so full of the opposing ideology and it's" Group Thought " ,would rather actually suffer through a entirely phony set of rules , than to admit that someone understands the economy better than the academic  brilliance that the left spews .

It must truly emotionally hurt them to admit success of the Trump economics team.

I completely agree that the economy is doing well. Most analysts will tell you that, throughout history, the economy of the first year of a new president is credited to his predecessor mostly.

For instance, was the economy in Obama's first year his responsibility or his predecessor's? If you're actually cynical enough to say Obama was responsible for the economy the day he stepped into the White House, then your analytical skills need work and there's no basis for any further discussion of how the economy works.

But I will say that there is a Trump effect and that he gets credit for creating a pro-business environment that his elevated the stock market. Remember though, Bush did the same thing, he deregulated, deregulated, deregulated, and it caused a pretty massive economic meltdown.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Still no answer from Jack on the Dubya query. Like horse and colorful, he likes to opine but doesn't like questions about his opinions. lol

Ditto for POTUS45, where's that video ... (just one of many)

"President Donald Trump cuts an interview with CBS anchor John Dickerson short after being asked about his claim that former President Barack Obama wiretapped his campaign"

goto 7:39, the man-child pretends he's reading 'documents' that  are probably plain piece of paper!
                    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/trump-c … 2404816/#!

"I don't stand by anything." - POTUS45

George W. Bush wasn't a true conservative, but Donald Trump is?

2. ptosis profile image66

I didn't put Obama in the mix because inheriting 2 wars skews the results.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13830179_f1024.jpg

Here is O included, please remember most countries don't even survive 2 war fronts as the US did with Afghanistan and Iraq decades war.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13830181.jpg

Who created more debt? Bush43 or O44?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13830185.png

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13830186.png

Then, by your own statements, President Obama was a massive success given the increases in the stock market under his leadership. And I ask you again, how much did your family's wealth increase under Obama.

And I'll point out, this is not about how I measure presidential success, but about how you measure it.

I suspect you will respond with some explanation about how Obama does not get credit for the stock market increases under his presidency, but that Trump does.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

It's heading for collapse next year. Just letting you know so you can get out before it does.

Google it.

The experts have been predicting a stock market crash for 2 years...and counting.
      The problem is no one knows when it will occur and when it does, don’t panic. As long as you don’t sell, it will usually recover after 1 or 2 years. Just make sure you have enouh cash to carry you for that period.

So just checking, a rise in the stock market is a significant measure of presidential success?

3. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

While those folks are celebrating their stock portfolios, I hope they don't lose their health care or have their taxes raised because that is the cost of what Trump has done for you.

4. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

@HorseBack, the GOP is responsible for 75% of the national debt, starting trillion dollar wars and lining their pockets with taxpayer funds. They probably will do it AGAIN, today, if they pass the tax bill. Look for another economic collapse next year.

1. profile image0

Obama spent more than all previous presidents combined and you offer that ?

5. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

Right up until Obama left office, the GOP claimed the numbers indicating an Obama recovery were not "real" indicators. Trump has been in office for less than a year and gets credit for the economy from the Trumpeters, despite having done nothing yet that could legitimately account for this "booming Trump economy."

So, when the recession hits one to three years after the tax cuts take effect, will Trump and his supporters take responsibility for it? I'm guessing no. It will be yet another cycle of Repubs tanking the economy and a Democratic president saving it.

If I'm wrong? I'll be thrilled. But, I doubt that I am wrong.

1. profile image0

Fewer of Obama's overall numbers showed progress ,  Look at the recent release of black unemployment numbers , forget where I saw it 17% ,  reportedly a seventeen year low  Credence ?  I don't know that I ever heard  from the Obama left  that number once.  Black youths unemployment for the Obama era ,  50 ish % ?

If a recession of any magnitude hits , anything but wall street's , I'll be the first to admit Trumps economy didn't work. The economy cyclically  belongs to Wall street or the remainder of the corporate , business  , energy world , that's the way it usually goes .  The economy is never simple.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)