jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Today begins the end of the greatest country on earth. Welcome to Obama Care, an

1. iowac profile image60
    iowacposted 8 years ago

Today begins the end of the greatest country on earth. Welcome to Obama Care, and the downfall...

of America as we knew it.

2. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Wrong! :-( The descent to the bottom started gradually many, many years ago, and has accelerated with increasing velocity as the years have passed.  Hamilton's first central bank. Traitor Lincoln with his military coup.  The Federal Reserve and Income Tax under Wilson.  Devaluation of gold under Roosevelt.  Prohibition (alcohol) and the "War on Drugs".  Cutting the dollar loose from gold and silver, making it just another banana republic fiat currency.  Manipulating us into two major world wars and the perpetual military state.  "Money laundering" laws.  Gun control laws.  Searches and seizures...  To switch metaphors, Obamacare will just be another nail in the coffin.

3. John for truth profile image54
    John for truthposted 8 years ago

Love what "dabeaner" said! My hat is off to you my friend. As soon as I submit my answer I will be signing up as a fan!

Okay, beginning of the end? As my good buddy said, the beginning began as soon as we started. There have been a few times in history when we attempted to climb out of this basement we currently live in. But when we were crawling out, someone put a BULLET in the head of the president that THOUGHT he could control the direction of this country. So an assassination is all it takes to put the country back into the hands of the greedy SOB's that run our country.

But with Obama, we might have dug ourselves in even deeper! But then again he isn't in control...

4. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 8 years ago

That's what they said about Medicare and now it's an untouchable "right" that cannot be messed with. 15 years from now all the naysayers will be crying out, "Don't touch my Health Care" the same way they do now with Social Security and Medicare.

Plus, the American downfall has been going on for decades (at least), and every generation declares that theirs was the last great one and the "End is near".

And let's not forget thatthe Greeks, Romans, Chinese, Aztecs, Mayans, Egyptians, Persians, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Venetians, Japanese, Germans and endless others also claimed to be the "greatest country on earth" before they all fell, so it's nothing new...

5. D_D_Brown profile image59
    D_D_Brownposted 7 years ago

I agree with dabeaner the Federal Reserve act in 1913 has pushed up inflation.  Lincoln helped create more inflation with greenbacks that weren't worth the paper they were printed on.  The right to print currency is the sole right of congress and no other entity can decide when to increase the currency on hand.   At least that is the way it was before Lincoln enacted military law and took the constitutional rights away from the people.

6. hubhub2 profile image60
    hubhub2posted 7 years ago

Hi iowac...

You might be interested in checking out one of my Sites.  Though it doesn't cover Obama Care, etc., it is still very relevant to your observation regarding the end of America as we know it.

http://www.demiseoftheusa.com

Thanks and good fortune to you...

working