jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should a modern day couple consider swinging after the 5th year of marriage?

1. jillthrill profile image56
    jillthrillposted 8 years ago

Should a modern day couple consider swinging after the 5th year of marriage?

I read that almost all marriage counselors do not have a issue with couples swinging if the marriages are solid. And that swinging can enhance the emotional bond that partners have for each other. And that there are many more couples swinging then is currently thought.

2. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 8 years ago

well its personal choice between the couple but my personal opinion is against it...

3. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i believe strongly in sexual purity. so, if i were married & MY spouse swung, i'd leave right then/there. once they had sex w/ some 1 else, i'd no longer want sex or ANY intimacy from that spouse

4. Jaynie2000 profile image91
    Jaynie2000posted 7 years ago

The question isn't "should they" but whether or not they want to. If the answer is 'yes,' then I'd be asking myself why? If it's mere curiosity, but your love is strong and you want to remain together, then perhaps you would tread lightly forward. I think it's probably  a recipe for disaster, but I guess you never know until you try.

I think there are a lot of considerations though. For example: Who would you swing with? Strangers or people you know? Does one of you already have someone in mind? If so, who? And is swinging an excuse to cheat, or really just based in curiosity?

Are both you and your partner equally interested in swinging, or is one more interested than the other?

What are your intentions regarding safe sex?

Do you know the difference between swinging and an open relationship? Are you always swinging as a couple? If not, why not?

Only after you answer these questions, and more, would you have a true idea of whether or not this might be right for you. I've heard that it really does work for many people. But it destroys at least as many more.

Tread lightly and best of luck.

working