jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do couple really stay together for the kids?

1. perfectperception profile image60
    perfectperceptionposted 6 years ago

Do couple really stay together for the kids?

If you are miserable in your marriage, do you try to work it out or be miserable and endure until the kids are out of the house.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4588333_f260.jpg

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image58
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

I know quite a few couples who are sticking together just for their kids.

3. Dr. Wendy profile image67
    Dr. Wendyposted 6 years ago

I think some couples do, and I don't think this is necessarily bad... sometimes they really can work things out.  Because, to really do it for the kids means you are trying to give them what they deserve, and that is a mommy and daddy who love them so much that they will remember what it was they once saw in each other and work on building their relationship back up, so that the family stays intact.  If a couple can't do that, and if they really aren't getting along, kids pick up on it.  I think it is better for them to grow up in peace, with parents who aren't together, than it is to grow up in a home with constant friction.

4. webguyonline profile image55
    webguyonlineposted 6 years ago

i think couples do that for their kids, they don't want their kids to see that they're not on equal terms.

5. dianne143 profile image37
    dianne143posted 6 years ago

Some people do for the sake of their kids.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I wouldn’t stay in an unhappy marriage for any reason!
    Life is a personal journey and time is the most precious commodity on earth.
    The best gift a parent can give their child is being happy, well adjusted, and having a positive outlook on life. A child would rather be from a broken home than live in one.
    Children are much more resilient than we give them credit for being.
    A parent can love and support a child without enduring a horrible marriage.

7. create a page profile image61
    create a pageposted 6 years ago

If a married couple made a commitment to live together until death they have a responsibility to keep their word.  There are various books, cds, and videos which give guidance in this area.  There are also counselors who are willing and able to help.  There is no excuse to live a miserable life when there are so many opportunities to improve a marriage.

However, if both persons have no intention of making the marriage work, the children should not be used as an excuse for them to stay together.  Their ruined relationship may create more harm than good.

working