jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I change my tone-of-voice?

1. Wise_Man_S profile image69
    Wise_Man_Sposted 7 years ago

How do I change my tone-of-voice?

Tone of voice determines how people respond to you.  When you come off with a nasty tone of voice that is what you get in return.  I would like my voice to be more melodic, but have tried for years, and can't seem to change my tone.  Can someone help me?

2. frequentflyer profile image55
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

The tone of your voice is usually indicative of your attitude, therefor change your attitude your tone of voice might change.

3. profile image49
    scott40272posted 7 years ago

Try hormone shots. While they are somewhat exensive, they can take your tone from Freddy Krueger to Rob Halford if you play your cards right.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

Pretend to be happy when you speak. Whether you're frustrated or angry or sad or whatever, if you're letting that affect your mood, it will come out in your tone of voice.
    If you try to be happy, or satisfied, or pleased, or whatever, you might be able to lift your tone of voice and make it more friendly.

Actors have lots of tricks for how to come across angry or friendly or sarcastic or frightened, but they have someone writing the words they want to say. Perhaps, if you have the time, you could write dialogue for yourself before going into an important conversation, so you'll have some idea of what you want to say, and some idea of how you want to say it?

Telemarketers (a dying breed, thank goodness) had the mantra "Smile and Dial." If you're smiling, it often comes through in your tone of voice as well.

I hope this helps.

Closed to reply

working