jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of a Government who change history of a country for its own pu

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

What do you think of a Government who change history of a country for its own purpose?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

that's par for the course, you don't think politicians are the epitome of truth do you?  Every government that there ever has been, of whatever stripe, anywhere, has always lied, cheated and manipulated the truth to tell the story that they want the people to believe.

3. surf traveler profile image82
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

I don't like it. Look at the Monroe Doctrine. It's persisted for almost 200 years now.

4. The Shark profile image59
    The Sharkposted 7 years ago

We have a party that does it every day, the DNC. Just look at how US history is taught today by the unionized government teachers in your government schools.
    For ex. we have one government teacher telling HS kids that John Hancock was "nothing more" than a smuggler. Well, I guess if you were a member of the Crown's military that would be the way you would look at it. But then you would also say that Washinton, Jefferson, and Franklin, etc were all traitors.
    But to Americans John Hancock was a patriot and hero. Risking his life to skirt the British blockade to get goods to Europe to raise capital used  buy weapons and goods for the American Militia.
    So sad that the left hates America so much that they even pollute kids minds against the country. I am cosidering going back pt and getting my masters in US history and putting in for substitute time, at least I could give the kids some real US Histrory  and a sense of what it means to be an American, even if only on a pt basis.
    The Shark

working