Obama -- a Citizen or not? Did the "birthers" get some more ammo with the Globe.

1. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Obama -- a Citizen or not? Did the "birthers" get some more ammo with the Globe...

(2010-07-12 issue) headlined "Obama Was Not Born in the U.S."?

Remember, about the time of Obama's nomination and then election, the so-called "birthers" called into question Obama's citizenship status (really born in the U.S. or not).  They were either mocked or ignored by mainstream media.

Now the question has gone mainstream, which is a good thing.  What is not so good is that the Globe is not a ruling elite mouthpiece such as the The New York Times.

Do you think this question will go away AGAIN, or are the power elite getting ready to dump him and replace him with Biden?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I'm a spirit-of-the-law follower, not a letter-of-the-law follower. if it is proven conclusively that Obama was not born in the US, then the spirit-of-the-law will still have been fulfilled, in my view. His mother was a US citizen, and he was raised - except for a brief period -- in US homes, by US citizens, inculcated with US values.

Obama is not a Manchurian Candidate, and his policies are not fundamentally different from those of his Republican foes (much to my disappointment).

3. Cathi Sutton profile image76
    Cathi Suttonposted 7 years ago

Actually, according to the strickest letter of the law, BOTH parents of a president must be U.S. citizens.  So what does the law have to do with it?  It has been ignored from the beginnig of the issue.  It doesn't matter anymore anyway.  He's there, we're here, and the economy is taking a nose dive.

working