jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why does half of America hate the other half?

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Why does half of America hate the other half?

Is this healthy?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Sure does seem that way doen't it, I haven't seen such divisions
    since the sixties , in our society. The lack of actual social progress here is  due completely to a factured social concience, I believe anyway, it seems one half of Americans want more from the government , for themselves , and the other half thinks they're going to pay for it!  We as Americans have immature outlooks  when it comes to understanding the  rhetorics game, Labeling each other ....liberal , conservative, to simplify the complications of understanding the awsome process of democracy, Untll we overcome bias and bigotry we lose.......

3. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Are you referring to the USA, one half hating the other half, which halves are they.  Or are you referring to the continent of North America which includes Canada and, I believe, Mexico; or are you referring to the continent of South America and the continent of North America, hating each other?  And are there little hate actions going on between all those countries involved?

4. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Mick S.,

I mean the United States of America---specifically: Conservatives vs Liberals.

I mean the attitude between the two as advertised on the media.

I mean the growing rift in a politicized culture battle that may or may not make sense.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on it, if you have any.

5. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 7 years ago

There is the fact of the almighty buck. For the love of money is the root of all evil. Which way the almighty buck flows causes the rift among Americans. If each American looked for the Lord to meet his/her needs, than we could be blessed extraordinarily. The body of America would act as One.

6. Emissionguy profile image84
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

This system is a creation of the powers that be. When they made the US Constitution they did not mean "We The People", rather they meant "We The Land Owning White People".

Since the beginning of the industruial revolution the rich have been trying to set up the US economy to benefit the rich only. By keeping the people divided this will occupy them mentally and they might not notice they are being subjugated by the big corporations.

I think the young people of the USA are finally starting to wake up to this fact and will put a stop to these phony manufactured hatreds.

There are just not engough financial sector jobs to give all the brightest college grads anymore and eventually some will slip out and change the world.

Sorry Boss Hogg, nice try though.

7. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Conservatives hate liberals for good reason. Liberals hate conservatives for good reason.  Both factions are stupid and ignorant, in their own ways.  Both factions are comprised of petty busybodies intent on imposing their stupid values on each other via more and more intrusive laws.  Eff 'em all.

http://hubpages.com/hub/america-what-we … the-answer

8. profile image0
    Always Greenerposted 7 years ago

Because they don't agree with each other, and Conservatives really want people to agree with them

9. Albannach profile image57
    Albannachposted 7 years ago

Flawed question not backed by quoted research
    Dumb question proposed by intense youth.
    No basis in fact .
    Get a girlfriend and stop picking fluff out of your navel