jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Name one persons whose thoughts and ideologies influenced your life? Could you

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Name one persons whose thoughts and ideologies influenced your life? Could  you write a few...

sentences about the ideology?

2. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

Well......Mr Paul Idahoise (my father) he really gave me more than he actually credits himself for and he sees it as nothing and not enough.......pray one day I'll be able to show him how grateful I am
    Superman.......thought me to always do the right thing and put my life on the lie to save others......now i am looked at as suicidal and a fool to trying to be so right (this world sucks)

3. Marisa OConnor profile image64
    Marisa OConnorposted 7 years ago

Stefan Molyneaux from freedomainradio.com.  He argues that the non-aggression principal should be at the center of morality and universalized.  He argues that there are no positive obligations, taxation is force and all adult relationships are voluntary.
    Also, violence should never be used against children, in particular because they are dependent.  Better parenting is the key to a better world.

4. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

Thoreau "On the duty of Civil disobedience", which is an anti slavery tract. Also "Walden", which describes and explores an idealism of the inner and outer life. I love Whitman too. These writers and others of their time and style exhibit a wide and distant horizon of the soul, impossible for a European. Their perspective is one of the very few things I envy americans.