jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is marriage outdated?

1. edmondpogi profile image60
    edmondpogiposted 7 years ago

Is marriage outdated?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I personally think so ... it's a ritual no longer needed. As Method Man said once: "You don't need a ring to be my wife."

3. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

Of course not, it has several economic benefits that you don't get if you are not married, at least in my country.

4. Liberate profile image54
    Liberateposted 7 years ago

Marriage Is Exchanged of Love And Passion; And Also Enables Me To Have Intercourse; Due To My Beliefs; And It Provides An Option For A Family; It Shows People You're A Married Person; Instead Of Letting Girls Continue To Pressure You; In My Culture; We Have Pride In Who We Marry; Who We Give Our Lives Too.

and I've Always Wanted Children; So The Last Thing I'm Going To Do Is Have Children With A Person That Isn't Married To Me!

5. KewlWriter profile image73
    KewlWriterposted 7 years ago

Marriage is a promise to the other person which you make in front of your loved ones, so that when you become weak and doubt yourself or your spouse, you can remember the day you promised for better or for worse.

6. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

I am not sure people get the importance of marriage anymore. My view on marriage is creating a bond between man and woman to share the rest of their lives together and to experience love, happiness, and wealth.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

As a married man of over fifty years I can recall exactly how I felt when I took my marriage vows.   I made a commitment.  It wasn't to my wife, or my family, or to society at large - it was to myself; a sacred vow to myself.   

Had I not become married in the sacred sense of the word, in a church, before an altar (and I certainly wasn't a religious, church-going type of person) I doubt I'd have ever have felt this deep emotional bonding between my ego mind and my own soul.

Marriages can survive a lot more than a defacto relationship in most cases.   We know that around 50% of marriages do not last a lifetime...but what are the statistics on 'having a partner' and just living together?   I expect they are even worse.

No, I do not think marriage is outdated.