jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If it cut crime by 80%, would you allow the government to implant a tracking chi

1. tritrain profile image86
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

If it cut crime by 80%, would you allow the government to implant a tracking chip in you?

2. kazemaru2 profile image55
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

I wouldn't because there is enough wiretapping to keep this country secure. In your scenario government should only track criminals as the general populace has enough problems with privacy.

3. profile image47
    miklanderson2posted 7 years ago

Not a chance. The government already tracks too much of my life. There's no way I'd want them to be able to know where I was at all times.

4. Sweetsusieg profile image85
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Not on your life, they'd have to track me down kicking and screaming.  I've never been in one iota of trouble, never been in handcuffs, never seen the inside of a jail.  So there would be no purpose to implant one in me.   If the Gov't told me I'd need a chip...  Then I would be a law breaker cause I wouldn't do it.

5. Jed Fisher profile image87
    Jed Fisherposted 7 years ago

Hell No!  There are so many laws, I am probably breaking one right now and don't even know it.

6. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

For any Christian thats an  emphatic NO if you believe the scriptures. This refers to the "mark of the beast" from the book of revelations, any implanted mark, (possibly a chip) by today's technology is not to be implanted or accepted in a Christian even at the cost of being killed, be-headed or poor. There is a lot to this  but I will just wet your whistle with this.  Peace

7. tritrain profile image86
    tritrainposted 7 years ago

My answer is a big Heck No too.

I think convicted sex offenders, murderers, and kidnappers might be the exception.

It might even work in their favor, especially if they are accused but actually innocent.

8. John B Badd profile image59
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Never.  I would die with a hot gun in my hand before I let any government plant a tracking chip in my body. 
    It is too easy to loose the freedoms that it took millennia to earn.  We must not forget that government is here to serve us not to control us.  Fear is the tool of a wise dictator and they will quickly take our human rights for our own good. 
    We can never allow this to happen.
    (I wrote this before I read the other resonses.  I am happy to see we are all on the same page)

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

Not a chance. Why anyone would ever give the government that much power is beyond me.

Closed to reply

working