Should the British tax payer pay for the upcoming Royal Wedding?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. rafken profile image77
    rafkenposted 13 years ago

Should the British tax payer pay for the upcoming Royal Wedding?

Prince William and Kate Middleton will get married next year. Should the tax payer, pay for all of it, some of it or none of it?

2. profile image0
    onlineaddictbooksposted 13 years ago

only if they are stupid? Screw the royal family they have alot of money why the hek would the tax payers pay these greedy royals for crap

3. Secretmission profile image58
    Secretmissionposted 13 years ago

It is wonderful that William and Kate are marrying but the Royal family have all the money they need and more to pay for the entire event. Tax payers should not be footing the bill. The public holiday, security and everything else should be paid for by the Royal family as a gift to the people.

4. acaetnna profile image71
    acaetnnaposted 13 years ago

The royal family have more than sufficient money to fund the whole event and should do in my opinion. Don't get me wrong it will be a fabulous occasion but can be and should be totally funded by the royal family. Kate's parents have offered a generous sum towards the event but I think that perhaps they should pay for their daughter's dress and anything else they should choose.

5. profile image0
    Yarightposted 13 years ago

In my opinion absolutely not. The tax payers shouldn't pay for a single dime. I still think that monarchy is another way of stealing from the poor, and giving to the rich. Where's robin hood at?

6. profile image0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 13 years ago

as a former resident of London, I understand what a pain it is for tax payers to fund all royal family stuff like maintaining Buckingham palace and queen's allowances. If the tax payer had a choice then hell no they wouldn't pay and they shouldn't have to pay. But from my understanding only security during the wedding will be funded by taxpayers. Thank God I don't pay any more taxes there as now am a Florida resident.

7. profile image58
    boblet42posted 13 years ago

No they should not, however the British/German royal family are so thick skinned & beyond embarrassment, our opinions will continue to be ignored.

8. Josh2008 profile image60
    Josh2008posted 13 years ago

You know they're going to and we won't do much about it this time. Just like how we haven't done anything about things like these over the years.

9. Bianu profile image60
    Bianuposted 13 years ago

Let them pay for all of it. Its a national stress relief pill

10. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

So you expect the Royal wedding to be very taxing?

11. Manutdmumto4 profile image60
    Manutdmumto4posted 13 years ago

I am a UK Tax Payer and I don't think we should be footing ANY of the bill. Recent policy changes have seen the government plan to reduce the elderly's heating allowance in winter (it was -2 here last night), child benefit will be stopping for some families and student grants have been cut with the cost of education rising, not to mention countless other little tweaks. As a country allegedly getting over a recession, the money is better spent elsewhere!

12. profile image56
    forextcposted 13 years ago

Should the taxpayer pay for my wedding? No. I should pay for it myself. I think that answers it!

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

I think you will find that it is the taxpayer who will fork some of the bill, but considering the ideas of 'monies in and monies out', it will be very profitable to our nation.

It is a real money spinner for the UK economy and couldnt come at a better time.

14. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

I leave that discussion to the Brits..........Americans have not yet resolved our own taxpaying issues.

15. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

That a Western nation still has a king and queen in the 21st Century is archaic and over the top. The economic situation will not get any better and the "Royal Family" is no longer necessary to the well-being of the UK. That said, it's time to disband the royalty and put the money they spend to better use. And, yes, the royals should pay their own way to include the security detail. Please send the crown jewels to me.

16. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 13 years ago

My son is getting married next year as well , maybe if I send the Queen the details she may be able to arrange for the tax payer to pay the bill !!

I dont think the british taxpayer should foot the bill for William and Kates wedding, there is more than enough money in their purse to pay themselves.....it doesnt have to be lavish but you can bet your last quid that it will be every bit as wonderful as Charles and Dianas was .

17. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

In reality, the British taxpayer has long since paid for the wedding and likely cannot avoid it. The Queen lays claim to most of the property in the country and controls much of the wealth yet requires the commoners of the country to shoulder the debt of a wedding.  I would think the royals should fork over the money and let the country benefit from all of the tourism or whatever it draws as a payback to the people. WB

18. Gloshei profile image61
    Glosheiposted 13 years ago

I don't think the British Tax payer will have much choice in the matter. I know it will bring in a lot of money for the economy but hang on a minute I wish Prince William & Kate all the happiness they wish for but both families are pretty well of so I think they should pay for it themselves.
    I am not a scrooge but enough is enough.

19. rotl profile image62
    rotlposted 13 years ago

As long as he is "prince," the taxpayers should pay for it. If the taxpayers don't want to subsidize the royal family then they should agitate to completely abolish the whole royal system.

20. The Frog Prince profile image71
    The Frog Princeposted 13 years ago

With the money the Royals have, it would be foolish for British tax payers to for the bill for such an extravaganza.

21. jonywoker profile image60
    jonywokerposted 13 years ago

I not know about this,About royal wedding & you want best services for it?

Luxury Limos & Town Car Service provides limos for hire,wedding limousine services in the greater Seattle area.Call them at (206) 599-9404 or (206) 321-0557

http://luxurylimoseattle.com/

22. zob2zob profile image70
    zob2zobposted 13 years ago

I am hopeful that although the day itself is a tradional day so brides parents will be footing that bil, that the royal coffiers will foot the security side of it as it is not as if Britain is not in finacial strife and should avoid at all costs more unnessecary expenditures.
    But as usual expecting it to be predictable and costly!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)