jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Whenever I can't understand something really simple, half of my friends say ---

1. damian0000 profile image73
    damian0000posted 7 years ago

Whenever I can't understand something really simple, half of my friends say --- "Damian...

... it's not exactly rocket-science..." and the other half say "Damian, it's not exactly brain-surgery..." [Sympathetic, aren't they? :-)]
    So which is more complicated... Rocket science or brain-surgery?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4242092_f260.jpg

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Well, I do not know.  But if I needed brain surgery, I would not hire the cheapest surgeon available~~

3. FloBe profile image81
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I would say brain-surgery is more difficult because every person's brain is different and one slip of the hand can cause irreversible damage or even death. I've heard that brain surgeons study for many many hours before each surgery to perfect what it is they're doing. The brain is the most intricate part of the body to "fix" so I would not trust it to just anyone, definitely not a rocket scientist! smile

4. profile image44
    zack14posted 7 years ago

A brain surgeon can't build rockets and a rocket scientist can't perform brain surgeries. Both of them are complicated in their own ways.

In terms of risk, more people would die if a rocket fails. Only one person die in a brain surgery.

Which is harder? My pick would be brain surgery because i'm an engineer.

5. shynsly profile image56
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

I would definetly have to go with "brain surgery". Rocket-science, at least in it's basic form, isn't exactly... well, brain surgery, lol. It's more or less basic chemistry and physics. The human race, in one capacity or another, has been successfully playing around with "rocket science" for centuries. Not that we haven't also been playing around with brain surgery for centuries, but... I guess the key difference would have to be that whole "successfully" thing.

6. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

I dunno about those, but if you want a real challenge, try rocket surgery.

7. profile image46
    scottwalkerposted 7 years ago

Scott Walker">Scott Walker

working