jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

do you think you would make a good leader for your country?

1. nightwork4 profile image62
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you think you would make a good leader for your country?

do you have what it takes to do the job and to do it so your country benefits from your leadership?

2. Right On Time profile image64
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

No I'm no administrative genius. It's a tough gig, you need to be aware of all the major projects your government is running and deal with the nit-picky media. I don't envy any leader.

3. Alison Dittmar profile image60
    Alison Dittmarposted 7 years ago

of course! big_smile   I raised four daughters who are healthy, independent, give back to society and are good citizens.  I guess after surviving that I could do anything.

4. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

In some ways yes...in terms of common sense, honesty, and an agenda that truly would be directed toward the best interests of America as a nation. That would call for some hard decisions and a lot of focus. I think I could bring that even if it costs me re-election the office in the long run.  On the other hand, I do not have a great tolerance for thieves, double-talkers, and those who play to voter blocks to remain in office. Dealing with these types could really wear you down because there are so many of them in office today. They are the primary cause of America's troubles and the reason that we cannot fix them.  They play to the "entitlement" side of politics and continue to remain in office feathering their own bed while pretending to care for people...I would have little patience for such people! WB

5. camlo profile image89
    camloposted 7 years ago

Ha ha; I could turn any highly successful nation into a third world one.

6. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I have no desire to be leader of my country.  If I had a chance to do it my way I might make Stalin look like a stand up comedian.

I don't think people would be ready, but I'd beef up my armed forces first.

The world is already dying but no one is noticing.  The coming disasters should wake people up if they aren't killed by climate events, lack of any fresh water or food.

What is happening in Haiti and Australia's Queensland and Ireland's water crisis is about to become quite normal... everywhere.

Hope you've made some plans but nothing much you can do is going to save you.

7. 123chri123 profile image44
    123chri123posted 7 years ago

The answer is Yes! For you to lead your country,one has to be a charismatic leader.What are those Qualities:you need to have a mental strength,must be visionary,must create an emotional bond,claim higher principles,simplify your speech,search for the spotlight etc.I'm writing an article on that soon.You can avail yourself the opportunity by visiting my hub pages to know more.

8. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

I'd have to say "No" to that.   I wouldn't make a good leader for my country because I'd tend to champion 'world causes' rather than 'national causes.'

I was disappointed when, years ago, JFK gave his inaugural address.  "Ask not what your country can do for you: ask what you can do for your country."

Had he said, "Ask not what the world can do for you: ask what you can do for the world."   

Had he said that, he would truly have been regarded as a world leader, a real world-class statesman.  Instead, he chose to be just one more national leader.

9. MikeSyrSutton profile image65
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 7 years ago

Yes. There is my answer lol!
        I ran for office but could not beat the incumbent, so...we will never know how I would have been, though i think i would have been awesome.LOL

10. heather.h profile image68
    heather.hposted 7 years ago

i am a woman... of course I would lol .