jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The Shot heard around the world??? The latest shootings in Arizona is this the s

1. Jazmin Raine profile image57
    Jazmin Raineposted 7 years ago

The Shot heard around the world??? The latest shootings in Arizona is this the start of another...

war in the US some say yes some say no what do you think and why.

2. christopheranton profile image75
    christopherantonposted 7 years ago

Probably not. If it makes people think again about reforming the gun laws that would be good.
    It is just a pity that murder must be committed before common sense starts to take hold.

3. peterxdunn profile image61
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

I think politicians are at least partly to blame for this tragic event. Political debate in the US: on issues such as immigration (illegal or otherwise), seems to have descended into virulent personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with whomever's point of view.

Then you have politicians who have called for the likes of Julian Assange to be shot - making such statements in public should automatically disbar them from office - extra-judicial executions are not yet legal options in America; or are they?

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why are these called the shots heard around the world? yes this is a tragic event but to me it is just another shooting in U.S.A.. what does bother me is how it seems all anyone is concerned with is the health of the senator, i see very little come out about the other victims. kind of a sad way of showing compassion in america.

5. justom profile image71
    justomposted 7 years ago

Sorry nightwork, I gotta' disagree. Don't know what news you've been watching but all the dead and wounded have been talked about extensively.

working