jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What makes the world peaceful?

1. winepress profile image57
    winepressposted 7 years ago

What makes the world peaceful?

2. Tony DeLorger profile image80
    Tony DeLorgerposted 7 years ago

The world is peaceful when we as individuals seek peace and look to a world that is filled with kindness and love. The more you look for it, the more you find. The problem has been that we all tend to look for the negatives; expect bad things to happen. Instead we should look for the good in people and circumstances. That would make a peaceful world.

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i like Tony's response, we have to seek peace in order to have peace

but one way of thinking what makes the world peaceful, the fact that knowing that everyone now a days seems to have massive bombs,

so with this knowledge in mind people are to afraid to start any real trouble with any one else in fear of being blown up,

so instead, a more peaceful mothod needs to be used when handling affairs, so from this, friendships and alliances are formed, and hopefully, one day the whole world will be as one

4. mydubaistay profile image58
    mydubaistayposted 7 years ago

just the thought that we all are equal and needs to be compassionate towards each other. The biggest problems I see that destroy the peace and harmony are lies, jealousy and insecurity. If we over come these problems then the world would be a better place.

5. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Individuals who have sorted out their inner issues (we all have some) who have faced and dealt with their weaknesses and failings and who are devoted to showing compassion wherever and whenever possible and to listening and showing kindness.  One person like that alone can make a huge difference, but the more of those kind of people there are in the world, the more peaceful it will become.

6. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

I think complete and true peace - we are a long way from that happening, but I feel that if the following Two things attributes a imbued in people then we may move closer to it:

(1) Take greed out of the equation.
    (2) Take out Me and Them mentality.

That would bring people a lot closer.  If you look at the causes of war's and turmoil in the world then it is due to self interest, money and power.

7. profile image0
    bhaveshdhanani03posted 7 years ago

you & me war must be end. all is due to illusion & power.

8. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

inner peace, lots of lurve and choosing happiness.

9. dtchosen profile image60
    dtchosenposted 7 years ago

The only real peace is from within and that is only possible if you have Jesus in your heart. That is, you have an ongoing love relationship with Him minute by minute.

10. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Mankind does not know........since recorded history , there has never been a world wide peace.........we just can't seem to do it, under our own power and thinking.

There is a promise, made by a Savior, the Son of God, but too many reject the very idea.....

11. Shelvajay profile image58
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

I think what makes the world peaceful is inner peace.  Because with all this chaos going on in the world, with wars, revolutions and bad weather everywhere, that is the only thing we really have to draw on.  To have inner peace despite the circumstance.  To me, that is what makes the world peaceful.