jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever got anything you planned for?

1. N.Q profile image62
    N.Qposted 6 years ago

Have you ever got anything you planned for?

In most times I planned to do something and end up doing another. Planned to get something and end up something else. Is that happened with any of you?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

It's happened, certainly--but many a time my plans have actually worked out, too.  Just as one example of the latter, I once (during my early college years) needed exactly $115 to cover a number of expenses, so I headed up to  a rodeo in Canada and entered in all three rough stock events--the bareback bronc riding, saddle bronc riding, and bull riding.

Ended up getting slammed around a fair bit, injured a little, and still made a bit of money in every event for a total take of $116.33. 

On the other side of the coin, it took me 7 marriages to hook up with the right woman, so....

3. CannyGirl profile image35
    CannyGirlposted 6 years ago

On the odd occasion, plans work out exactly how I want them to. However on most occasions, I have to adapt or alter to suit the circumstances at the time.

This is life, and I love it because every so often something comes along that interrupts your plans but it is for the better. Life is full of surprises.

4. The Frog Prince profile image77
    The Frog Princeposted 6 years ago

My military career had a plan attached to it.  When I fulfilled the goals I had set I retired.  That was a long trip of 23 years. 

If something is intended to work out - it will.

The Frog

5. Joan1 profile image57
    Joan1posted 6 years ago

Most of my plans work out as planned, or allmost.
    But most times you have to adapt a bit along the way.

You make the plan with the information you have at that moment.
    If during the plan you get new information (which in most cases you do) then you should rethink your plan using the new information.
    Don't just make a plan and stick to it without further thinking.
    You plan to reach a certain goal. So if the circumstances change, so should your plan.

There is no elegant plan in life.
    Ready, Fire, Aim.