jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Ever had to change really big plans because something happened that made it all

1. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

Ever had to change really big plans because something happened that made it all different?

And what did it make you feel? Are you a controlfreak like me, getting extremely annoyed if things don't go as planned? Or are you the type of person to say: It is what it is. I'll adapt to the new situation without a problem.

2. talfonso profile image81
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

I did - recently. I wanted to go to the big business convention in Atlanta, but had to stay behind due to a terminally ill relative. I'm a bit of a control freak (face it - a lot of caregivers are control freaks), but Oxycise and just exercise are just two things that de-stress me.

3. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image81
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 5 years ago

I am adapting to a new situation. I think being flexible makes life easier.

4. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

Yes. In the past I used to worry about changing plans. Today I am not so likely to get upset.

In one instance I had planned a long holiday, six weeks, in fairly lengthy detail with a then girlfriend. A couple of weeks before she broke up with me.

So let the plane tickets go? No I decided it was the trip of a lifetime and went anyway. As things turned out it was a more wonderful trip than I had planned. Instead of staying in one place I travelled at the spur of the moment whereever I felt was good. After having a great time I realised I had missed so much worrying about plans.

Escobanaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like your story! True...why worry about plans if they need to be changed. I'm still learning to get more flexible:-)

5. mio cid profile image48
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

I've had to adapt to the situation all my life and even though I've had to start over many times I still think the best is still to come.

I understand your comment. The change I'm going through somehow seems to be happening for a reason. One I can't see right now but I'm confident in the better outcome.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, when my daughter married. It was going to be a small wedding and the invitations were in the mail.  She got very anxious about it decided she wanted a private ceremony.  So we had to un-invite everyone. It was a hassled but I just sort of went with the flow as it was about her and not me. 

She is still married 12 years later with 2 kids so it worked out.

I am not what I would call easy-going but I am compared to my husband and one daughter who are control-freaks and do not take to change well.

Funny...I'm in the middle of planning my wedding in Brazil but all of a sudden Spain is going to be our destination.

I don't like to change my mindset again but our love grows stronger through yet another test in our long distance love.

7. melbelle profile image60
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

I was disappointed for sure.  But on the other hand, it was something that could not be helped.  There was no one to blame, it was life and sometimes we have to rearrange our plans.

working