jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What makes someone a hero?

1. Jangaplanet profile image79
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

What makes someone a hero?

2. dearabbysmom profile image75
    dearabbysmomposted 6 years ago

Action on behalf of another, without regard for self

3. Lyn.Stewart profile image70
    Lyn.Stewartposted 6 years ago

Firstly you have to be in the right place at the right time.

Secondly Instincts - Some people will run away from scary situations ... Some will pretend they don't see things. Then there are those who instinctively act.

Lastly Upbringing - I believe some people are brought up to help others when and if they can.

4. profile image0
    lovazaposted 6 years ago

By their example in doing good unto others through their
    words and actions.  It's someone we look up to, like a role model...a parent or a teacher.

5. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Check out my hub "Heroes Are Everywhere".  That's what I think they are.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

To me, someone is a hero that gives of themselves without thought to their own needs or safety.

7. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

H - elps
    E - veryone
    R - ealize
    O - pportunity

8. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

Another good question. I think I will have to ask my nephews and nieces.

9. livingsimply profile image59
    livingsimplyposted 6 years ago

I think a hero instinctively puts themself in the path of pain to protect others around him/her.  They do this without question or the need for acknowledgement or reward.  I think it is an over-used label in modern society - but heros are all around us and, sometimes, in the most unlikely places.

10. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

definately the ability to fly, and maybe some tights

11. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

My hero.........does not  need to fight the wildfires, or swim the raging seas, he does not need to tame the mountain lions, or calm the coyotes............those things have a place in the romance novels..............

MY hero, needs to  change the auto tires, batteries, get me and my auto off of the streets, rescue our daughters, defend their honor.........." interview" and either accept or dismiss their suitors.......

MY hero is the man who talks me down, when my anger dares to overtake, build me up when the pressure of work is great, my hero is the man who says, "hey, a hamburger is ok", when he really wants a steak.............

My " hero" is he man who walks beside me and OUR family life.  He is the one.........who says, " our  kids ", not the kids..........

"our bills", not the bills............

My hero is the man who understands that I am not to blame for modern day life.
    Nothing less than a hero could be my husband, and my husband could be not be less than a hero.

12. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

Want to know what exactly makes a hero? Learn what characteristics set heroes apart from the rest of us. read more