jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

How do you deal with people who hate you?

1. WriterDJ profile image74
    WriterDJposted 6 years ago

How do you deal with people who hate you?

2. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 6 years ago

Try to be nicer to the people. If they see that you are nice what could they possibly hate about you. You could try talking to them about how you feel also if you feel like you want to make things right.

3. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

I think, you can't change how people feel about you. But then again, it's not your problem but theirs; which they have to deal with. And i'm sure it hurts and drain them more. On top of that, the negativity of their thoughts are toxic for the environment around them. All of these are just feelings that may come and go in time. There are many reasons why people feel and react the way they do. Sadly, the reasons are mostly, misunderstandings, misjudgment and some mistakes that they are hardened to forgive and forget.
    How to deal with it? Depends if you see each other on a regular basis or not. It would be hardest if you are staying together. If you have tried to resolve the matter in the past but hadn't succeed, don't give up. He or she just isn't ready to let go yet. Maybe you can try to talk to the person again one day. In the mean time, don't beat yourself over it. Whether or not you have done anything wrong that transpire the whole situation; remember that we are all human being. You and I are not free from mistakes and people can be a victim of discrimination too.
    Best you can do is, to be patient and strong. Try not to get affected by it and refusing to let this person/incident get to you by altering the best of you.
    In the end, kindness and forgiveness always wins over anger and grudges.

4. KaylaTheArtist profile image56
    KaylaTheArtistposted 6 years ago

Love them back. It will either get them to see there's no reason to hate you, or annoy them to the point they'll stop.

5. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 6 years ago

I would strictly avoid hostile people unless I had to deal with the person be it 1) in the workplace: I would do so on a professional level. 2) If its a personal liaison I simply would not engage myself on a personal level in the first place. If I am approached, I would politely bow out.  People generally avoid you if the feeling is mutual.

6. lime light power profile image60
    lime light powerposted 6 years ago

Ignore them. Anyone who wastes their time on hate isn't worth your time or effort.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't. if someone hates me i tell them to get lost and i don't even give them a 2nd thought.

8. WindMaestro profile image61
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5173812_f260.jpg

You just don't let them bother you. When you interact with them, take the high road and be nice, courteous and happy. You don't have to stoop down to their level, after all happiness is the best revenge of all.

9. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Just shrug and move on.  I haven't come across this problem a whole lot in real life (well, not since immature schooldays, etc).  If there's a case of a genuine misunderstanding about a specific incident (and yes, this has come up) I would try to be up-front and address it by talking with the person, even if it's an 'agree to disagree' type of situation.  Just so each person can see where the other person is coming from and each is aware of the other's perspective, even though they may never see eye to eye.  If it works out that can build mutual respect even if both parties still don't get along.

If someone hated me they probably wouldn't want to spend much time around me, so I guess I wouldn't have to see them all that much anyway, which would be great from my point of view!

If it's simply that someone doesn't like me (as opposed to actively hating me), so what?! Not everyone will like everyone and I certainly don't expect everyone to like me.  I am how I am, take it or leave it, is my motto.

10. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

You have no control over the way other people feel about you (which is why you can't force someone to love you). You can only control yourself and your reactions. Try to be the best person you can be and if others can't accept that, who cares? Their problem, right?

11. Darknlovely3436 profile image81
    Darknlovely3436posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with people who hate, you, why should you deal with them, the time you wastes worrying about if they like you , you can be doing something worthwhile, It's the hater problem not your,
    why: just remember "borrowing strength from others, or waiting for their approval, weakens you....

12. nancyme profile image58
    nancymeposted 6 years ago

I simply ignore them, pretend as if they don't exist. It's pointless wasting time paying attention to their existence.

13. seriousnuts profile image68
    seriousnutsposted 6 years ago

Nothing. Sadly, you just can't force everyone to like you. It would be a waste of time trying to please the people who hate you. Just be yourself in front of those people and do not show them you're affected by their hatred. Rather, you should invest more time with people who truly care for you.

working