jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you on google +? What do you think?

1. danielleantosz profile image72
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

Are you on google +? What do you think?

The new networking site google + is out, are you on it?  Do you think it will take over Facebook?

2. RachaelLefler profile image96
    RachaelLeflerposted 6 years ago

It's ok. Only a few of my friends are on it and the chat is still very much a work in progress. But I enjoy +1-ing things. It also seems to have more privacy control.

3. danielleantosz profile image72
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

I do like the privacy controls alot!  I like it, but i feel like no one is on it yet!  Even though everyone gets invites.  Guess we will have to wait and see!

4. profile image48
    AshleySallyposted 6 years ago

Yeah Google+ is very good social networking website. i thing it will be take over facebook.

5. .josh. profile image60
    .josh.posted 6 years ago

I don't actually have it yet, but if someone has an invite to spare, I would love you forever (joshuamorrison26@gmail.com).

As for replacing Facebook, I doubt it, thought I'm not even on Google+ at this point, so I'm just going by what I've read. Perhaps it will blow me away, and my opinion will change, but I just can't see Facebook going anywhere. The only way people would go through the inconvenience of recreating their 'social network identity,' and restarting their quest to a kajillion friends is if Google+ offered something so unique and so much better than what Facebook offers, and I don't think they'll achieve that. (And even if they do, Facebook can just incorporate the best parts of Google+ into their own network, as they've already shown they have no qualms with changing things up.)

If it were still targeted solely to a single market, like it was in the beginning (i.e., college students), I'd say it was possible. Now, however, we've got everyone and their dog on there (literally - I'm pretty sure there are Facebook pages for dogs). And for older generations - my parents, for example - there's no way they're going to make the switch, and in turn, they'll keep me from going doing so either. I wouldn't mind starting up a Google+ account, but it certainly wouldn't replace my Facebook one.

6. sanathara profile image61
    sanatharaposted 6 years ago

No, I am not yet on Google +. I am planning to join it as I have got invites.Regarding taking over Facebook thing, It's too early to predict anything.Only Time will tell.

working