jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Am I wrong?

1. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

Am I wrong?

A person dies that meant me no good,as to I probably meant nothing to him. Upon hearing the news it didn't phase me,it couldn't have happened to a better person,he was horrible,in a union position and abusing it.Threw me and others under the bus for his own gain,

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5674128_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    ThomasRydderposted 6 years ago

Hi...
    I don't think it can be regarded as wrong...however, it's certainly not the most right. When this life ends, we are judged by our actions on earth. His will be judged, I assure you. However, we all run across many like him...and the best thing to do, I believe, is smother them in grace. Take whatever they have to give, good or bad, with a smile. Choke off the anger, replace it with humor, and live secure in the thought that you are the better person for it.

3. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 6 years ago

My opinion won't make you care more or less about the individual, but. . .

"It couldn't have happened to a better person"

It happens to all of us, good or bad.

I offer this though.  During a particularly bad breakup I was given a book of short poems on loss and grief and this one liner stuck with me.

"For anyone who has ever wished me ill. . .today, you got your wish"

I never gain in being gladdened by someone else's loss or pain.

Never.

But neither are we built to personally feel the death of those we don't care for.

We have to learn to do that.  One of the things I think we were made to do.

Just my opinion

cheers

4. Rastamermaid profile image73
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

I'm was thinking and I want to write I'm not gladdened by his passing,it just means nothing to me or my life.Then I thought about it more and I can honestly say I'm glad I'll never have to lay eyes on him again.

I'm not a cold person,I just like to live my life without complications,and some people live to complicate your life,he was one of those.

5. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I don't think indifference is wrong, I think it's human in this kind of situation. You can't be expected to conjure up feelings of grief where there are none. I'm sure he had his good side, just like most people -- so I'm also sure that those who knew his good side will do the grieving, and will appreciate not having any fake sympathy thrown their way.

6. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I'm a believer in karma, the universal law of cause and effect.  I think this person will be learning some more lessons next time around. Some people do seem to be better off dead, but realize we're all doing our best at any given time, just some people have a longer road ahead than others.

working