This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to deal with a person who doesn't allow others to have a sa

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to deal with a person who doesn't allow others to have a say in a discussion?

2. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

just not deal with that person 'cause it's like talking to a wall. So, might as well use my energy on something which will react back.

3. profile image0
    Arizona Sueposted 6 years ago

Just let them rant. Opinions are like.....well you know. Everybody thinks what they have to say is so important.  Find someone who is receptive to good conversational skills.  One talks, one listens.  Then the listener responds.  Usually the speaker isn't really being listened to anyway. Usually the listener is formulating a response when not really listening.  When someone is talking, don't you have memories pop into your mind?  So, the art of conversation is a rare and wonderful exchange.....still with me?

4. athena2011 profile image55
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

I would say to avoid them like the plague. This type of person is so annoying and so full of themselves that they believe no one else has anything worthwhile to say so they go on and on.

If you are unable to avoid them and have to deal with them, then I would say that you have to make it a point to put up a hand or ask them to give you a chance to say how you feel. Take a deep breath as they may completely ignore your efforts.

It's a very frustrating situation to deal with. I had an incident of this just last week and it still irks me.

working