jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is a more reliable political news source, John Stewart or Rush Limbaugh?

1. cafeteria profile image69
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

Who is a more reliable political news source, John Stewart or Rush Limbaugh?

2. lovemychris profile image60
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

I use Russsshhhhhhhh as a punishment for my kid. When he's really bad, I force him to listen, and within minutes, he's promising to be good. I also use him to shut my neighbors music up. Every time they blast their noise, I blast Russsshhhhhh. Miraculously, the music is turned down pronto! Blow hard, Blow loud, el Rushbo...you are my torture technique.

3. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Who are they?

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Well, take your pick. Stewart is a quasi-libertarian, professional comedian/actor with some progressive leanings, who was formally educated at one of the best universities in the country. He works for Viacom and hosts a successful tv show in order to attract viewers to get them to watch the commercial ads by content sponsors. The genre of his show is political and journalistic satire that often exposes the incompetence of politicians and of non-National Amusements-owned news media outlets, like Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC--who are notorious for distorting facts or mis-directing public attention. His success as an entertainer has made him rich.

Rush Limbaugh is an uneducated, yet mostly-liberal radio show host whose broadcasting company is owned by an equity firm. He pretends to be a conservative of the fact-distorting fascist variety in order to gain popularity among racist and conservative listeners so that they will listen to the commercial ads of the content sponsers. His success as an entertainer has also made him rich.