jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who would Obama rather debate, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, or Rick Santorum?

1. cafeteria profile image71
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

Who would Obama rather debate, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, or Rick Santorum?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5986188_f260.jpg

2. barryrutherford profile image73
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Give us a break he would aniolate all of them blindfolded

3. Matt in Jax profile image71
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

Obama couldn't argue with Ron Paul at all and it would be hard for him to speak against Santorum or Romney, but he's choose one of them. I'd probably say Santorum.

4. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I don't agree totally with Ron Paul's views, but I do get the impression that he always believes what eh says, rather than constructs his beliefs around opinion polls and party lines. As such he would likely be quite difficult to debate. I imagine that Obama will be preparing to debate Romney though, as he seems like the likely winner.

5. Doc Snow profile image98
    Doc Snowposted 6 years ago

I'd say the preference would likely be:

1)  Santorum
    2)  Paul
    3)  Romney

The logic is that Santorum and Paul would both leave lots of opportunity for Mr. Obama to play to swing voters--the 'middle'--since that's where elections are won, in general.

With Romney, I'm thinking that he'd probably hammer hard on the issue of consistency and credibility.  He wouldn't be likely actually to use the term "flip-flopper," but the essence would be more or less the same:  that Mr. Romney is more political opportunist than principled leader, and that an elector could not be sure what a pro-Romney vote would actually mean.  (Ron Paul is the exact opposite in this regard, as others have noted--he appears to be unusually consistent.)

6. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think he would rather debate Mitt Romney because of all the flip flopping he does.

7. JT Walters profile image76
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

I would like to ask why Ron Paul would want to shut down the federal government who pays him so dearly. So to answer your question out of the choices you provided Ron Paul but I would really like to debate Obama.

working