jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you look up to people or people look up to you?

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Do you look up to people or people look up to you?

I mean which is your predominant in your life?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Saint or Sinner, Diplomat or beggar, Prince or Pauper I look at them with the same eye and I hope that they look at me the same. I do not know how to answer your question since I never really paid attention.

3. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

I sort of admire others more than I think they have those thoughts about me.  I am rather short too - so - I do look up.  We idolize too much in this world and it is suppose to be a big NO-NO according to Heavenly Standards. A compliment, a pat- on- the- back, a good review,nice plaque, gift - scholarship, or anything in that line is truly great but when people are put on a pedestal that's crap.  Good question.

4. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

There are those that I look up to, for guidance and inspiration, and still, I wonder..........WHAT is amiss in their life.

Some people look to me for guidance..........and I think, " if only you knew, how scared, I am"............

This is about learning, growing, teaching..........it is not tit for tat.

5. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think the second one for me at work because of the role I'm in. The first one applies more to my personal life.

6. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

I was brought up to look other people straight in the eye, neither down on them nor up to them. [I do admire some people more than others, e.g, Barack Obama more than Newt Gingrich.]